Lopressor & Levsin...

cordellia

healthful greetings to all,

after many delays, we finally managed to visit the cleveland clinic.

lots of costly testing: TTT/hemodynamics/stress... event recorder for three weeks...

diagnosed with situational/conditional dysautonomia... note: TTT was normal...

still waiting for review/summation of event recorder findings.

presently experiencing: bradycardia and tachycardia/hypotension/exercise intolerance... nothing novel... just your average

manifestations of dyasutonomia..

today doctor (cleveland clinic) ordered:

lopressor 12.5 mg daily

levsin SL 0.125 2x daily

was feeling rather panicked... i rang the office (tried to sound reasonable and sane)

mentioned that my "BP has been averaging 90'/60's and last week (a record for me) 60's/ 40's

as well as consistent bradycardia... each and every time i lay down HR drops to the 40's--50's.

i droned on about the intermittent tachycardia. explained, that i am fearful of BB's....

the response was, "she is prescribing a very low dose... call us after five days and let us know how

you are doing". perhaps this is reasonable and i am simply ill informed and frightened.

have often read here that people have had negative experiences with beta blockers.

levsin is being recommended, i assume, for its antispasmodic properties and its 'desensitizing effect'

on the vagus nerve...

thoughts on beta blockers and levsin combo... any information would be greatly appreciated.

thank you to all.

peace,

cordelia

I was on lopressor for about a year, and initially had some good results with it. Fear will only complicate your condition, so try to stay as calm as possible. It did not seem to make my bp any lower, but it really helped to get my hr under control. I will think warm, positive thoughts your direction!

sandy shell merci...

a question for you... did you have severe hypotension prior to starting lopressor?

my BP never rises above 90's /60's even while

standing. every body, i recognize, is unique. just trying to gather information.

i am hypersensitive/reactive to medications such as OTC: sudafed/ benadryl/ claratin...

all caused BP to fall dangerously and pulse pressure to narrow... so am particularly wary

of anything that purports to lower HR or BP.

yes, mind set is paramount and i will try to remain calm and focused. breathe......

again, thank you for your observations and kind words.

peace and healthful wishes to you,

cordelia