Palpitations Waking Me Up In Middle Of The Night

I've had occasional palpatations (that yucky thump thump in your chest and the world feels kinda heavy).

A couple nights this week, I've had them wake me up in the middle of the night scaring me horribly. It's no fun. Very thumpy, very stressful, and of course one gets nervous.

I wonder if this could be from? Could my 2x a day BB not be enough? I've wondered if I should kick it up to 3x a day (my former EP says I have to adjust dosage within reason of what works, and he's even labeled my RX at up to 3x's a day). Maybe when I take it at 4pm it's mostly worn off by 3am and boom! Palpitations.

What about dehydration? Sometimes I wake up very thirsty.

Anybody else have this and what has helped? I do tend to get them much more infrequently on BBs.

I used to get that all the time. Tried to calm them down with meds and/or salt/water loading before bed but that didn't help. My POTS doc said that was not an uncommon complaint amongst his patients. Said sometimes are bodies are just very sensitive to any kind of position change at all. While most POTSies get it going from sitting to standing, etc., some can get symptoms like palpatations from even changing positions during sleep.

For awhile I would kind of sleep with one eye open to be sure I wasn't rolling around in my sleep. That cut down on the palpatations but then I'd be exhausted from not getting the proper sleep. Sorry, I really didn't find anything to ease this symptom - just another that would come and go for me.

I know this might be a far-fetched idea, but having POTS puts us in a unique "zebra" category! Have you been checked for a pheochromocytoma? According to researchers at Vanderbilt, a pheo could be a reason for POTS, having contributed to low blood volume. People with pheos often say just laying on the side where their tumor is is enough pressure on it to cause pheo symptoms, such as palpitations, anxiety, etc.

I am sensitive enough that when I'm having a bad day, I can't sleep on my left side at all or I get palpitations. There are just some nights that I know I'm not going to sleep, so I now just get up and work on doing something constructive if I know it is going to be one of those nights.