Doctor in MA

Too Young

I am new to this forum. I have recently been diagnosed with POTS by my cardiologist though he refuses to do a tilt table test (says if he were my insurance company that he would cancel me). He just wants to give me medicine which he thinks I have a real chance of fainting from as my normal BP is 95/50. I am sure many of you have had the same trouble that I have had with great doctors at world renowned hospitals which have no people skills and just want to throw some medicine at you. I was originally going to move to DC for a job but found a great one in Boston so I stayed. My doctor looked disappointed that I was staying and joked that he thought he had gotten rid of me. So needless to say I was hoping that someone knew a good, understanding doctor in Boston. I know that some of you forwarded Lori Valenti's story and she saw doctors in Boston, does anyone know who those might be? Thank you very much for any help which anyone can offer.

Too Young, I am sorry that I don't know anyone in your area of the country but I just wanted to welcome you. Hopefully, others in the NE will respond and have some useful information. What you describe with your doctor is unfortunately all too common. I have learned that you have to become a really strong advocate for yourself....not always easy on those days where you feel bad. Good luck to you and hope to see you here on the board!

Welcome! I don't live in your area but I did want to give you the name of a facility near you:

Autonomic Disorders Center

Department of Neurology

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

1 Deaconess Road

Boston, MA 02215

617-632-8454

Autonomic Laboratory

I have no personal experience with this but got the info from DINET's physician list- you can check that out at this link:

http://www.dinet.org/physicians.htm#United%20States

Best of luck to you!!