Just Looking For Some Support From My Dinet Friends

Hi.Today couldn't have started out any worse. Should have never gotten out of the bed! First thing this morning, I get a call from my ex. He's cancelling my medical insurance since he's getting remarried next month. Ok, doesn't give me much time. Get on the phone with Medicare (I'm on long term SS disability). The process takes forever. Need to get on Part B. Hopefully they will send me forms in time.

Second thing - wearing cardionet event monitor for the next 2 weeks, due to the weird chest pains and arrythmias I've been having. This is from my EP cardiologist. I get a phone call from his office (guess he's too chicken himself to call) saying that they want me to be seen by the other cardio in the practice (whom I didn't care for - he's the one that took me off the beta and told me that I needed an EP study and possibly a loop recorder and/or pacemaker, and I needed to go on Florinef even though my pressure is high!) When I told him I wouldn't, he dismissed me. Well, apparently the two of them got to talking and I guess from the toss of the dice, cardio number 2 agrees to take me back, but I don't want him. He was arrogant and thought he was God. So, I have no questions answered as far as my heart is concerned. I don't even know which one is monitoring the event monitor, if that makes sense!

Third - I finally get my divorce settlement after a year, and am trying to figure out where in my accts it's supposed to be and the investment guy is talking (hey we're not talking a huge amt. here) and I'm like a character out of Peanuts. I hear the teacher's voice going wa-wa-wa-wa. At this point I'm looking at the window as a good option. Grrrrr.

Fourth - last week while at the dr's office they notice how short of breath I am, and I tell him that it hurts my lungs to breathe in and out so he sends me over for some blood work. Sure enough, my D-dimer is elevated - it's always elevated! So, they schedule a v/q scan and the tech had no idea what she was doing but thankfully the scan was clean.

Fifth - I get a call this morning (more aggravation) telling me that I should see someone to find out why my D-dimer is always elevated.

Sixth - My youngest daughter is turning 21 on Thurs and she told me that she was going to the baseball game with her father. No big deal. Then I talk to my ex and he says he's having a dinner party for her with her friends and I'm not to be included. Can you say bawl your eyes out?????

I'm about to lose my mind. No one will get me direct answers. I'm ready to start an A/D but now don't know if I can since they don't know what's going on with my heart. And Cardio #1 won't speak with me, and I don't want to speak with Cardio #2. Plus I'm so short of breath I'm ready to tear my hair out.

Sorry that I posted this. Sounds like a lunatic wrote it. I want to go sit outside but am afraid that a plane will fall on my head at this point.

Thank you all so much for listening to this madwoman. It's horrible being alone.

Hugs,

Rene

Hugs Rene,

sounds like you have far too much on your plate right now :rolleyes:

Try writing the issues down on separate bits of paper, when you are thinking about one of them you are not allowed to think about things written on the other papers. This makes you only work on one issue at a time, trying to deal with them all at once would be enough to make anyone cry.

Can you plan a special celebration with your daughter for just the two of you to share? A girlie film and popcorn in front of the TV might be an idea?

Hugs,

Flop

Im sorry things are going bad for you. Venting also works good so no worries doing it. Just remember positive thinking has remarkable benefits.

Edited by flop
Quotation removed, please use the "add reply" button at the bottom of the page

Hi Rene

((((((((Hugs)))))))) so sorry for what you are going through. It sounds like you got more then your fair share of junk for the day. I wish I had some smart words to help you. That sounds very hurtful being left out of something for your daughter. My Ddimers are almost always elevated too. And I am always short of breath...yet clear ct. Are they elevated a lot? I have kind of come to the conclusion on mine anyways that maybe my body is just always dehydrated, so my blood is thicker. I hope your day turns around for you. (stay away from airplains though alright! :rolleyes: ) You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care, and be easy on yourself today. Maybe do something that feels like a treat for you.

Suzy

Hi Rene,

Hugs, Hugs, Hugs! I am so sorry for what you experienced today... they say "when it rains, it pours". I hope that you can get everything with your medicare worked out. I know first hand that talking to them is like talking to a carpet fiber or something. I thought my other insurance customer service representatives were awful, but medicare representatives take it to a whole new level of uninformed and unhelpful, at least from my personal experience. Regarding your ex and the financial issues, think positively that at the very least the marriage is over and you don't have the stress of an unhealthy relationship anymore. I wish I knew what to say about the cardiologists and d-dimer level, but gosh honey, all I can offer is support. It is just too bad that you not only have to fight for your health, but deal with office politics at the cardiologist as well. I know that the d-dimer has been high in the past, but better get it investigated with yet another V/Q scan. So, go ahead... vent.... cry... we are all here with you and for you!

~ Michelle :rolleyes:

Thank you, I don't know what I would do without all of you. When I thought the worst was over, my cat starting vomiting all over the place and then my "sweet" daughter" decides to pick a major fight with me. I simply walked away from her and closed my door and cried. She of course opened it, and just kept getting in my face.

Jenn, can I borrow that red paint? I seriously would pour it over her head. It's like she knows that I'm upset so she has to add fuel to the fire.

I know this day will pass and maybe I'll see things in a new light.

It just seems lately that it's one thing after another.

I'm tired of dealing with drs, staff, insurance companies and then being told that since my D-dimer is elevated all the time, that it needs to be addressed. Why haven't they thought of this before?????? Someone told me that one of the reasons for an elevated D-dimer could be due to the fibromyalgia. Don't know how true that is.

Deep breathing.

Funny, I thought that when my daughter came home that it would be a time for comfort and she adds to my stress!

Thanks you guys. You truly are so very wonderful. Thank you all for taking the time out to response to my crisis.

Lots of hugs,

Rene