Explain This...

Today I have fairly bad symptoms out of the blue - adrenaline pumping, clammy, weak, tachycardia etc. yesterday i was a little dizzy but overall not too bad.

I checked my blood pressure today and noticed that it was 139/90 and my heart rate standing was 132. The day before It was 159/100 or something similar and a heart rate of about 90 standing.

Why exactly would I feel worse if my blood pressure was lower, but still my most sources considered high??

I take it my BP must be some sort of reflex compensatory mechanism... Weird...

I think you answered your own question. Mine's done that at times. Ofcourse, trying to make rhyme or reason out of it is enough to lead us to insanity. I suppose we can say that every day is truly different, that there are different factors influencing every bodily function from day to day and therefore expecting too much consistency is not even realistic for "normal" people, much less those of us who are anything but "normal" in our responses?

I'm feeling rather funky, too...but I spent a hour downstairs cooking dinner. I think I'd rather just not eat!

Yesterday, you had a higher blood volume: thus a higher BP and lower pulse.

Today, your blood volume is lower, as is your BP, but your HR is higher attempting to pump less blood through your system. Your body can only produce so much of certain hormones (hence the theory of adrenal fatigue) and you will wax and wane dependent upon your body's ability to create these hormones....

my attempt at an explanation..

yeah very confusing. I actually improve after I eat, but when i first got POTS it used to flare after a meal from post-prandial hypotension.

If I do pool Id definately say it is in my stomach region, but to be honest its pretty hard for me to tell. I dont notice any massive difference there.

yeah very confusing. I actually improve after I eat, but when i first got POTS it used to flare after a meal from post-prandial hypotension.

If I do pool Id definately say it is in my stomach region, but to be honest its pretty hard for me to tell. I dont notice any massive difference there.

Yeah...I pool everywhere. Between being up and about for close to an hour preparing dinner and then having the nerve to actually EAT IT, well...I needed to lay down for a couple of hours. My pooling is so noticeable that I can see it when moving positions. I also now hold on to the fluid which necessitates my taking a diuretic to get rid of the fluid left over from the pooling.

That said, it's still quite common to have different numbers from day to day...and to not being able to co-relate how we feel to those numbers. It's all about that minute-to-minute, second-to-second ability of the blood to flow in a somewhat workable manner. When we take a blood pressure or measure a heart rate, its like a split second snap shot...it certainly isn't telling the whole story.