Do You Have Problem With Vitamins/supplements

gertie

We've been discussing not being able to take med's & I forgot to ask if you have the same problems with vitamins. I have debilitated myself for the last several years trying to take supplements. Vit D3 made me so lifeless I could hardly get out of the bed but I kept taking it because the doc said I was deficient. Same thing with calcium & mag only they also caused seizures.

If I could afford it I would like to have the genetic testing but knowing wouldn't change anything but at least I would know. Thanks again.

alicia,

I am so sorry I didn't see this sooner. Yes I have problems with vitamins, and chemicals. Basicly if it has a smell a color, or is a vitamin I am careful. I never had anything as serious as a sezire from it though. (Although I was diagnosed with seizures because of my EEG's.)That must have been awful. That is why I won't take the very large dose of vitamin D they gave me. 50,000 ius. What if IT doesn't metabolise like the drugs?!

Knowing doesn't change a lot but makes you be more careful, and as long as you know there are others out there that can't handle the meds also then hopefully that will help you with your decision making. My hope is that people will listen to themselves first. I listened to the doctor first who said that my problems weren't coming from the meds, so I kept taking them until I thought I was going to die. Take care, and know that you are not alone.

Hugs

Suzy