I Found The Answer For My Car And The Heat!

Just wanted to tell you all the heat index was 109 today in Florida.....I had to pick up a couple of things outside today (outside just a few minutes...)...got so dizzy, faint...ill...so when I had to take my daughter to a function I got real scared....

I hydrated myself...rested for several hours....parked the car in the garge..unrolled the windows..then turned the ac on in the car 10 minutes before I had to go....

It still was not real pleasent but way better than jummping in when the car has been in the sun like that!! Thanks all for the suggestions....I feel like a bat...i am getting afraid of the sun!

Erika

Hi Erika,

I'm glad you managed to get the car a little cooler before having to go out. I am so glad that the UK temperature is much lower than florida but I still find it difficult to go out on hot days. I do things like my supermarket shopping late at night (we have a 24 hour Tesco near me) when it is both cooler and quieter, it is a pity that so many things have to be done at a time to suit other people rather than the sun!

I find it is best to roll down the windows for the first minute or two that the car a/c is on (gets rid of the worst of the trapped hot air) then roll them back up again so that the air in the car goes through the a/c unit several times and cools down. Make sure the garage door is open though - you don't want to accidentally gas yourself from the exhaust pipe!

If you are taking your daughter somewhere, is she old enough to be in charge of opening and closing the windows and getting the car cooled down?

Flop

I go out late at night too--- :) After 8:00pm when the sun gets low.

If I have to go out during the day I have a car starter, and I get the car and the AC going before I get back into it.

It can be started from inside --------store, docs office, house, ect. It's a dandy little thing? It's nice in the winter too when it's too cold out.

For older cars they're cheaper, but newer cars it will cost over $200.

Maxine :0)