Update On Quilt

maggie

Hey Chat Forum Members,

I just had a new thought to add to this project. I though maybe we could add our doctors to do a square also. It could be real easy for them. I could transpose their business cards onto their squares and maybe they could just sign them. If they wanted to they could write something on the square as well. What do you all think of this idea? Also I just e-mail my local newspaper and asked them if they would be interested in doing a human interest story about the quilt. I live in a little town and there isn't much news going on, they might just be interested. Maybe others of you could do the same with your local newspapers. They could take a picture of your square and I would gladly send them a photo of the finished product. It might be a way of getting our message out about dysautonomia into the public. I also e-mail Neurlogy Now, I receive their magazine and thought what could it hurt to contact them about our story. I'm open to all suggetions. I am so excited about this project and am having so much fun receiving all your requests.

Maggie

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an update from Maggie on the quilt project:

Hey Forum Members,

Here is the first quilt square returned to me. Didn't thankful do a great job? I hope this will inspire more members to join in the fun and ask me for your very own square to be put into our first DINET quilt. Looking forward to seeing all those who requested squares in my mailbox!

Maggie

quilt1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I am posting these quilt squares for Maggie. Please PM Maggie if you would like to make squares for the quilt she is putting together. -Michelle

Chat Members,

Here are two more squares finished by our members. I could still use some more volunteers to make squares so if you would like to participate please send me a pm and I'll send you all the information you need.

Maggie

quilt812.JPG

quilt8122.JPG

Hi everyone,

Here is the latest from Maggie:

Dear Forum Members,

Now our quilt is an international quilt! This quilt square was done by Carinara from Germany. The quilt is coming along but there's plenty of time for others to join in. Just pm me and I'll send you a quilt square. Thanks to all who are helping with this project.

Maggie

Quilt814-1.JPG

• 1 month later...

Here are a couple more quilt squares and messages from Maggie:

Forum members,

Here is quilt square # 8. Dawg tired sent it to me last week, sorry it took awhile to get it uploaded. I could still use some more help with this project. As you can see it doesn't take much time and yet in the end with a little from all we will have a very nice project from our group. Thanks to all who have helped.

Maggie

quilt9232.JPG

Forum Members,

Here's quilt square #9 from KayJay, she and her 11 year old child did this together. There's still time to help out with this project, just pm me and I'll gladly send you a square.

Maggie

quilt923.JPG

• 5 months later...

I am posting this for Maggie. Please make sure to contact her if you want to join in on the quilt project. -Michelle

Hey forum members,

Here's squares # 10, 11 and 12. They all did a great job. There's still time to get involved with this project. Just pm me with your address and I'll send you everything you need to do a square. We are moving right along on this project. Hope others of you will want to join in the fun.

Maggie

quiltfeb2010.JPG

quilt2feb2010.JPG

quilt3feb2010.JPG