Update Regarding My Interview On Dr. Lewis

My interview with the detective went well. The first thing I asked him was about being able to post on this forum about what happened and that I had notified everyone here about his arrest. The detective said he didn't see any way it would effect the case they are building, and it was okay for me to discuss it on here. I don't know if they will be able to make a felony charge in my case, because he didn't get as far with me. I hope though because my incident was documented by another medical provider at the center, they will be able to use it to show it was part of a pattern of inappropriate behavior.

After listening to the questions the detective was asking, it appears that the doc may have also been recommending procedures be done when they weren't really necessary. It was a calm interview and I quickly realized that I had been much better at picking up that something wasn't right and protecting myself then some of the other women they have spoken with. The detective said most people aren't as alert as you on picking up that something isn't right. So I do feel good that I had done a good job of keeping it from going further. Though I'm still kicking myself for not listening to my instincts and getting out of there before the exam portion. I wanted so bad that he would be someone here where I live that could help me, that I stayed.

I've since be told by that he wasn't going to be working where I was going much longer anyway because his contract hadn't been renewed. So it wouldn't have been an ongoing doctor patient relationship anyway. So, all staying for the rest of the appointment did was, getting to endure a very uncomfortable and stressful exam. I so wish I had just left when everything inside of me was going "Get the heck out of here." So a lesson if your instincts say run, then run!!! If your wrong, so you feel a little bit stupid, but then no harm has been done. It's okay to be rude to make sure your safe.

I will get free counseling if I need it and will be notified about any court proceedings. They had an advocate waiting to talk with me as soon as the interview was over. I said to her how could a doctor in a position of trust add to an already sick patient's stress. She said "because they are selfish and they want what they want, and they don't care what they have to do to get it." SELFISH, I guess it could be that simple.

I'm so impressed with how the investigation of the case is being handled and how kind and careful they are being with the women who are coming forward. I really hope they get all they need to keep him from ever having access to any patient ever again. Please keep all the women who were effected worse then me in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for allowing this forum to be a safe place to talk about this, it really helps to get it out of your system. My lovely husband can only listen to such much, my being sick is hard on him some times, and we needed to be part of this new drama like a freaking hole in our heads.

So I hope too that talking about this can help in some way any of you, who I hope never find themselves in a similar situation, but do find themselves in one, through no fault of there own. I know now that this can happen to any of us, even when we thought we were being careful.

You are very courageous to have spoken up about what has happened to you. I am so glad you were respected during the interview.

We all see so many doctors here. I appreciate your reminder to go with your gut feeling if something doesn't seem right. I hope you are able to use the counseling that is being offered to you. I'm sure it will be important for you to be able to talk about this, probably many times, in order to deal with it. I will pray for you and the other woman involved. Are you able to get any sleep yet?

So sorry you are going through this.

Summer

Kudos to you for doing the right thing. You are a brave, strong woman, and we need more of us around to speak up when these abominations occur. I'm sure there are many, many people on the Forum and elsewhere that support you wholeheartedly. So sorry you had to go through this...take advantage of the counseling if need be. You don't want to be scared of all new doctors. Again, I'm so proud of you!

Jana