I Just Need To Sit Down And Have A Good Cry..

:o I just need to vent bc it's 4:30am and my daughter is screaming AGAIN. this messes me up so bad with my POTS. The noise is horrible for me. we've been going through this for a couple weeks. She has trouble going to sleep then gets up at least once in the middle of the night. We are letting her cry it out (after we check on her of course) but it's killing me with my POTS! Anyone have small children with this similar problem? how do you manage? I haven't gotten much sleep either which is also a big factor.. I just want sleep!Maybe we can ship her off to grandma's house tomorrow night! ha

KansasGirl,

While I don't have any children at home, I certainly remember those nights. I'm also one who needs about 9 hours of sleep a night, along with a nap, so I can certainly commiserate. If I don't get the right amount of sleep, my symptoms flare and I feel horrible. Is there any way you can sneak a nap in during the day? Sleep when she does? Also, a good babysitter or a playdate elsewhere can do wonders!

Good luck, sweetie, and take care!

Jana

Have you tried a sound machine with the sound of a soothing heart beat? I play one all day long to soothe myself and everyone else who enters my house. It's suppose to help get your own heart rhythm back in sync by listening to a normal beat. TURN IT UP LOUD AND RELAX, as long as you know your baby is safe and there's no health, reason for the crying.

Many people tell me they feel sleepy from the sound.

Good luck. I used to play relaxation music and meditation stories with my own kids. Along with putting hard cover books in bed with them till they fell asleep. Now they love all kinds of beautiful music having been exposed to it at an early age.

Oh Sweetie, I have been there with both my boys! It is horrible! My husband and my Mom would take shifts coming over when they were little. I would go as far away in the house as possible and try to sleep while they took care of the darling little screamer. When it was just one, I would take naps when he did, but with two it was HARD!!!!!!! It was insane when they were nursing. :o All I can suggest is get your Mom, Mother in Law, neighbor, babysitter, husband, whomever to come over and help! I no longer felt human...I finally understood how someone could shake their child to death :lol: (scared me beyond belief!) Rest as much as you can, get videos for the older one and lay down while the baby sleeps. Even if you are too wired to sleep, just getting the blood back to your head helps. Also get your thyroid checked, my first clue to post-partum hypothyroidism was crying uncontrollably at the Tigger Movie! :blink:

Hang in there darling, they do grow up, and you will survive! Mine are 7 and 10 and can get their own breakfast and let me sleep in on Saturdays, take out the trash and vacuum the living room floor!

Get some help and take care of YOURSELF it is the best thing you can do for your child.

When all else fails call in help. :o nothing worse than being tired on top

of tired.

I wish I lived nearby, as I would volunteer to help you. I hardly sleep

and love to soothe crying babies and early childhood is one of my backgrounds.

The thyroid (Hper) that firewatcher mentioned happed to my daughter

right after the 2nd baby was born.

She got so thin and emotional I knew it and told her you have them

check you thyroid when you go for your check up. She said, "No I

won't nothing is wrong with me."

She came out of the office with a lab slip in hand, laughing and said, "I

have to have my thyroid checked and I didn't ask the doctor she asked

me as I looked way too thin for just giving birth."

It came back hypo... :blink:

Sending you prayers for peaceful nights and lots of good rests.

BellaMia

Thanks everyone for the replies. Just wanted to clarify i'm not post partum my daughter is almost 2! lol... and I only have one child. I have had my thyroid checked several times before. I'm not emotional or anything just had a breaking point early this morning when she was screaming. I do appreciate all the kind words. I heard about the terrible twos but had no idea how bad it really is!!!!!

:) I just need to vent bc it's 4:30am and my daughter is screaming AGAIN. this messes me up so bad with my POTS. The noise is horrible for me. we've been going through this for a couple weeks. She has trouble going to sleep then gets up at least once in the middle of the night. We are letting her cry it out (after we check on her of course) but it's killing me with my POTS! Anyone have small children with this similar problem? how do you manage? I haven't gotten much sleep either which is also a big factor.. I just want sleep!Maybe we can ship her off to grandma's house tomorrow night! ha

Hi,

Been there, the thing we did not find out till much much later was that my 3 children had EDS and ANS dysfunction too, 2 out of 3 would wake after about 3 hours sleep with what we now know was terrible acid reflux. Had we only known then what we know now, I think we would have all felt much better. Not saying your daughter has ANS stuff going on, just explaining our situation. Genral rule to help out with sleep issues is ask your self, have you noticed any pattern to your daughters sleep problems? Is it more of a problem when she has been playing right up to sleep time, does she watch TV before bed etc. Lots of things can trigger sleep problems in toddlers. Here in the UK we have sleep clinics for babies and toddlers, do you have access to anything like that where you are? They seem to be well used according to our old health visitor!! Some toddlers are screamers by nature, but if you can find some sort of pattern to this behavior you might be able to side step it! I know it it by no means easy as my son with Aspergers had night terrors up and till he was about 10 years old. Hope you find a way to help you and your daughter through this patch.

Take care, anna

We had a similar problem with our toddlers. We put up a gate at their door at night and there were several nights that we'd go check on them when things got quiet and they were asleep in the floor. Our first one had sleep-terrors (not nightmares, but unconscious, inconsolable screaming!) We took him to the ER one night at 2am because he was screaming like he was being mutilated, he screamed the whole way to the hospital and then he finally woke up and wanted to know why he was in the van. :)

Toddlers are tough. Perhaps a weekend with Grandma is not a bad idea. YOU need your rest, POTS or not.

Take as much care of yourself as you can.

((((((hug))))))

Jennifer

I have the same drama thank god my husband deal with the toddler better than me I acutually have to battle with Mr. puberty my 15 year old son. My toddler Ihave hime in the morning up until I go to work. You really have to tired him out he needs to go for early evening walks. That will calm him at night.

I recommend your daughter being checked out by her pediatrician to rule out a physical and/or emotional basis behind her waking up in the middle of the night- -especially, if this is a new behavior. While a weekend at Grandma's can help temporarily, it isn't going to help you if she continues doing it when she gets back- which she probably will, unfortunately. So, get help. Find out what is going on- your pediatrician may be able to make recommendations regarding diet, stimuli ( no action packed cartoons or movies,etc.). I agree you have to take care of yourself but this is a problem that needs to be nipped in the bud. So, have it looked at and see if there is something you might can do differently. Raising kids when you have dysautonomia is exhausting enough- you certainly do not need to have your sleep patterns continuously disrupted. Good luck.

Carmen

Guest tearose

Once the doctor says she is healthy, I would consider the value of allowing her to cry it out and learn how to settle herself! This is hard for a couple of days, but she is 2 and probably has the understanding enough to know that bedtime means sleeptime.

I had to do this with my two sons when they were little and they are fine today! You will not harm her but help her to become independent of you to settle herself after waking. I think we parents mistakenly put pressure on ourselves that we only poor caretakers allow the kids to cry at night... Not true!!! It is a thoughtful, caring parent who sees the importance of a child to learn this important step in quieting their body and learning to go to sleep without needing us.

I hope things turn around soon.

best regards,

tearose

Dear Kanasgirl,

I am a mother of 2 small children 2 and 1 , I fully understand how you feel its very overwhelming the crying and the constant dependency can and does take its toll of OUR health even healthy people would feel this to a point, but it is worse for us because we are in constant recovery stage I hear the crying day and night and on top of that I have a very stressful marriage with many many issues in which I am crying when the kids are not!!!! I feel like I'm hanging from a cliff every day with a racing heart and numb ringertips I pray alot thats all I have I have no one to help me and I can't afford getting outside help so I just keep my faith and pray that I become stronger and I look forward to the school age days ;) until then I try to get a schedule going and take it day by day.

Mae ****** you can message me anytime

waiting to go to er while i post this sweetheart. bear with me, my daughter has two little ones the youngest just turned 2. last night i was on phone with her and he has been the perfect baby, out of the crib he came, she was all heartbroken as her first child 4 stills sleeps in the parent's bed. she kept putting him in and he would get out and cry, breaking mommie's heart. I said, "stop it right now, lock the door the furniture is bolted to the walls, everything is child safe, let him cry it out now or you are going to have two in your bed for years."

She did, he cried 5 mins and fell asleep behind the door. She was the same way when she was little. the doctor suggested a screen door, so she could see out. It wasn't easy. I also had to put locks up high on all doors as she later walked in her sleep and feared she would fall down the stairs or let herself out.

good luck and got to go my ride is here.

She is doing better this week. We are trying really hard to keep her on schedule. I have had her to the doctor and she is fine (she does have UTI's sometimes but those are under control). She is just really stubborn and going to push the limits as much as possible. Thanks everyone. I'm glad things are smoothing out. She still cries when we put her to bed but it's no where near what it was and she hasn't woken up in the middle of the night for a few days now.