Excessive Thirst

Definitely dysaut related, although I don't have any answers for you!

My thirst was easily my most trying symptom for years (now I've kind of gotten used to it). I literally can't function if I don't have access to water. I carry a water bottle (or two or four) at all times, but if for some reason I can't have water for more than an hour or so I get really sick.

I WISH I knew how to manage this symptom, but I've never found anything that works. I just drink constantly all day long, usually about 3-4 liters, but in hot weather or if I'm exercising I can drink 5-6 easily. I would love to just be a normal, 2-liter-a-day girl. Maybe someday.

I'm always thirsty. In my case, it's at least partly explained by the lack of saliva production. This makes my mouth extremely dry ALL the time. So dry that without having constant access to drinks, I'm nauseous to the point of vomiting. I also just CRAVE fluids, too.

And all of this is related to dysautonomia.

My thirst has gotten better as my POTS has imporoved, but in the begining it was very bad! I drank litres and litres per day, and if I tried to have a conversation I would need to take small sips between every few words. Any my thirst was always for water, never soft drinks or cordial.