Left Breast Pain

do any of you get breast pain, just the left? i am only 32, so its not hormones, and i also have terrible chest heaviness that is always there, but the breast pain comes and goes, could this be heart related? thanks for any input

Radha

Hi Radha,

I had a problem about a year ago with pain in just my left breast - it became nodular and enlarged. I had a mammogram and ultrasound and mri work-up that just showed fibrocystic changes in one area of the breast. It turned out to be from the hormone medication I was on and resolved when I changed the medication. Is the pain you have in your actual breast, or is it in your chest behind the breast? The best place to start investigating would probably be with your OB/GYN. Good luck! I hope you find some answers.

~ Broken_Shell :blink:

Actually, men have just about the same chest anatomy as us ladies, if given the appropriate hormones they will lactate! Until Ramakentesh's reply, I would have thought it was a woman thing, but now...

Breast tissue has MANY mast cells. There is a connection between histamine and chest pain, even if you don't have MCAD. Yet another mystery to unravel.

i dont have any discharge or lumps and no new medications, i am only 32, so not menopause! yes i do get pain behind the breast but also in the breast

itself sometimes, but it comes and goes so it cant be that serious...........and i am not able to go for a mammogram, cannot even leave my home at all, so

many things i wish i could understand and have an explanation for! thanks for your replies and if you have any idea what might be causing it, please let me

know, thanks

radha

I get this too. My pec muscles, esp pec minor are all knotted up. I wonder if it's sort of like coat hanger pain--our organs are stealing all the blood, so neighboring muscles are deprived. I initially thought it was angina. It is worse when the ans stuff is worse. it has responded somewhat though to deep tissue massage. but it feels like its proximity to the heart is no accident, even if in the end it's muscle/myofascial.