Cerebral Spinal Fluid Leak And Pots Symptoms

It can cause symptoms that overlap with POTS. One of my friends who does not have POTS, but rather had Chiari, and then a subsequent csf leak following a revision surgery. She could definitely relate to how I feel on a daily basis...but she also had other symptoms too, including a wicked headache and clear fluid that was coming out of her nose.

Lois,

It can cause a lot more than pots symptoms, it is very serious. Do you have one? They can usually patch them now, but it is essential to keep enough spinal fluid in your body. Usually the most common sympton is a runny nose that just drips clear fluid constantly, but it has a host of symptoms all it's own. morgan

Thanks for your replies.

I know someone who had such a CF leak. Actually she did not have a runny nose. She had headaches; vision problems; neck and back pain; fatigue and some cardiac rhythm problems. Moreover, she felt better laying down flat.

She saw a doctor in LA who treated her with a patch.

Very interesting...when reading more on the internet about this: sometimes doctors diagnose chiari in patients with Cerebral Fluid leak.

Just a thought.

Lois

• 2 years later...