Does Anyone Get Hives From *just* Stress?

I hadn't eaten anything a while, I'm taking my Zyrtec + Zantac, etc. I'm away from any major allergens. I was fine all morning.

Then. I got on a very stressful call with my cell phone company (I know,I know). They messed up my whole account, took an hour and a half to resolve, I'm at work, they dropped my call in the middle, etc.

I broke out in hot, itchy hives all over my chest.

They've calmed down now (it's about an hour later)...but I'm 99.9% sure it was anxiety-related.

I vaguely remember having these once a blue moon pre-POTS, but now seem to get them more than before with POTS.

Are we just more SENSITIVE? Does anyone else experience this? It's frustrating and a bit embarassing. I mean, I was upset to tears and very stressed and whammo, HIVES.

Thanks for listening. It's so frustrating!

Cat_Lady,

I used to get hives listening to classical music (my ex was a classical musician) or talking to my divorce attorney! I sometimes got hives if I saw some guy that looked like him! So, yeah, stress can cause hives. Sorry sweetie. Find your zen, truly! It was the only way I calmed myself enough for that to not happen. Find your mental happy spot and go there in EVERY stressful situation. It is almost impossible with really bad POTS flares, but for the day to day, it works for me. I just flush now instead of hives. I guess that's better. :D

Breathe!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck!!!!!

I get hives from stress, too, and I don't have any allergies at all. I usually get itchy, blotchy patches on my neck and chest, but sometimes I get small hives on my face from stress.

This happens to my mother also, but, unlike me, she used to have a variety of allergies (pollen, bananas, dust, animals....)