Does Mestinon Lower Heart Rate?

One of the side effects of mestinon can be bradycardia. I experienced this for a time when i was weaning myself onto the drug (I'm super sensitive) but it's since gone away. I do believe that it's possible it could slow your heart. Maybe for you that's a good thing - mine was slow already while I was sitting/lying down so I didn't like the feeling at all.

Hi Cat Lady,

Based on the way mestinon works in the body, it is possible that it will slow your heart rate. Everyone responds to medications differently, but I hope that you get this positive "side effect" from starting it. The down side is that you may become tolerant to it and your heart rate might initially slow down and then speed back up like dsdmom experienced.

Good luck. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Let us know how things turn out!

~ Broken_Shell :angry:

It works on both your BP and HR my Dr added it for when my HR gets over 95 but due to the side effects I take it 4 times a day right now. :angry:

~blessings and love to all~

BellaMia