Michigan people get together?

Hi guys!

I've met individually with some of you from Michigan already, and I was thinking it would be nice if you could all meet each other. Anyone interested in meeting for dinner in a central location...maybe the Ann Arbor area? Let me know....

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

I was just talking to Julie in Toledo last night. She was going to get a few folks together there and is thinking of planning a get together week after next?

I was going to try to go, and now I read your message about maybe a get together in Ann Arbor. Ann Arbor is right on 23. What about one get together for both areas?

Just a thought.

Michigan Jan

in Plymouth

Hi everyone!

Glad to hear some of you are interested in getting together. Anyone else?

What days of the week will work for you guys? Times? I'm available most Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays (some Fridays and Saturdays too). Let me know what works for all of you. We can even do lunch if that works better.

Anyone from Ohio is welcome to meet with us as long as they are willing to drive to the Ann Arbor area.

Looking forward to getting together with everyone!

Michelle

I am definetely interested, but Ann Arbor might be a little bit too far away because I live in Mt. Pleasant which is about 3 hours away. Also, I have classes on Monday and Wednesday until 3, Tuesday,Thursday, and Friday until 1. Most weekends I am available and a lot of times I go down to Rochester Hills where my boyfriend lives so that might work if I am going down there or if I can get someone to drive me! Let me know!

Jaime

My husband Ron and I will be happy to drive to Michigan, and I could also tell a couple of other people to come as well.

Michelle, I know you have driven to Toledo a lot. It's time we make the drive up there. Not a problem at all. It will be nice to see you again, and all the rest of the Michigan friends up there! PS---i'm also a Michigan fan------My husband Ron is Ohio State---- :)

Take Care,

Julie :0)

Hi Sue!

That is so nice of you to offer your house...BUT.....think about all that will be involved....the cooking (or getting take-out), the clean-up, those pesky DINET members who just won't go home (just kidding guys! <_< ). Anyhow, really think it through....it may just be easier to meet at a restaurant where none of us feel we have to entertain and we can all just relax and enjoy. But if you REALLY want to do it at your house, I am game for that as well....though Ann Arbor may be a more central location for everyone.

Jan, I wish I could agree to next week, but I want to invite the Meet Others member who aren't active on the forum as well. I don't think a week would give them enough time to make plans...some of them may only check their email once a week.

How does Sunday Oct. 24th sound to you guys? We could do a lunch or dinner get together. Let me know and I'll make reservations somewhere. Jan, can you suggest some restaurants that are right off of the freeway?

Hope to see you guys soon!

Michelle

Hi Michelle!!

Absolutely don't mind hosting this at my house. Who says I clean anyway!! lol

No honestly, and husband is 100% supportive. Unless you think it may be too far out of the way. My thoughts are basically just being more comfortable and being to able to relax. There are several restaurants around here for carryouts and I am right off I-94 and I-696.

Just let me know

Sue

Michelle,

I just received an e-mail from someone yesterday asking about the support group. I told her right now we are having meetings at the request of patients and their famlies. She lives in Ann Arbor and I told her about the dinner get together.

The person who e-mailed me has a mother who has MSA. They are very interested in getting together with people who suffer with ANS dysfunction. Right now her ANS symptoms are mild---but will eventually progress. :)

Julie :0)

Hi Jan,

Another member also told me they would prefer Ann Arbor, so it looks like we are going to plan for Ann Arbor on Sunday, Oct. 24th.

Thanks for offering your home though, Sue....that was really nice of you.

I'll drop an email to the Michigan Meet Other's members this week and see who else can make it.

Looking forward to seeing all of you!

Michelle

• 2 weeks later...