Really Annoying Body Pain/aches

In the last week or so, I've noticed more chronic body aches/pains. I've had similar with the flu and the occasional on and off pain, but this is more chronic.

My shoulders have shooting pains, my arms are sore, my muscles hurt, etc. I don't have the flu/cold, either. And I'm a bit more fatigued than 'normal.'

I've looked this up, and get pointed a lot to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibro. I've only been diagnosed with POTS.

I will bring this up with my EP next month, but does anyone know what I'm talking about? Any tips on managing it?

In the last week or so, I've noticed more chronic body aches/pains. I've had similar with the flu and the occasional on and off pain, but this is more chronic.

My shoulders have shooting pains, my arms are sore, my muscles hurt, etc. I don't have the flu/cold, either. And I'm a bit more fatigued than 'normal.'

I've looked this up, and get pointed a lot to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibro. I've only been diagnosed with POTS.

I will bring this up with my EP next month, but does anyone know what I'm talking about? Any tips on managing it?

Hi Cat Lady,

I was diagnosed with Fibro and CFS before I was finally diagnosed with POTS. I get the all over body ache feelings like I have the flu and sometimes it is just the legs or legs and arms. I was told by my POTS doc that it was the blood vessels dialating too much, which caused the leg pains. My allergist said the flu ache feeling is from allergies. It is interesting that there are several posters on this board with ANS dysfunction who also have mast cell activation problems.

Hope you feel better...

Ann

HI Cat Lady,

Bear with me at posting and just woke up from a very long nap and this is my first post. :huh:

I've been Dx with Pots, fibro, chronic fatigue., and a host of others things and as soon as I figure out my control panel I have them all listed there. Sorry you feel so bad as I can relate. Right now I'm basically bed bound. I was given the other dx,s a long time ago, but POTS just over a year ago. Suddenly, my whole life began to make sense for the first time after having been mis dx with asthma for not being able to breathe. I go into tachycardia just walking across the room.

My BP has recently gotten very low at various times of the day and night. then can shoot up high late afternoon. I found this made me extra fatigued along with the increase of the HR my whole body is so tired. Pains are so bad day and night, especially at night that I often cry. 24 hr BP Monitors showed I was going to pass out at night and early morning. I had to start taking midorine at night and hated the way I felt and thought it was taking away my brain. I take so many meds for my POTS, even weekly admitted to hospital for saline infusion, as I can't keep enough fluids in me. I was told I have the worse vascular system my doctor has ever encountered. Bad side effects to most meds.

Anyway,

I was just thinking if your POTS alone might be making you tired,due the stress it puts on the body alone and then like mine and with many people do have have firbro and chronic fatigue. Also another thought have you had Epstein Barr or mono in the past, as they have found a relationship to POTS and the two? My docs were taken back to see the numbers of my EB antibodies were so high in the past a current med masked current levels and will repeat the test tomorrow to see if I still have it going on now. I guess once you have had it and i never knew I did, you can get it again. Also, my last iron stores were 24 and could also be a problem. Do you tend to get anemic? Woman who lose a lot of blood due to menstruation can became anemic easily.

I hope this was helpful to you, as I was trying to brainstorm and think of all the reasons why My cardio doctor has explained recently that I'm so tired. He is running out of options of me. He has suggested a pace maker. I said NO! Tomorrow is the neurologist in the big city. She fine tunes my engine. I am blessed to have wonderful caretakers.I should try to stand now. I look forward to chatting with others again soon. Now let's see if this works. :angry:

Good Luck to us all that struggle and may we each have better days in the future. :P MY FOGGY BRAIN NEEDS HELP POSTING... LOOKS LIKE I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST. I'VE made a mess and I don't see a delete post. SORRY EVERYONE! This is what took me so long to post as my brain can't figure out this type of control. I'll have to call in help.

Thanks everyone for getting back to me!

I had myself checked for anemia and was borderline/low again...so I've started taking Flinstones Vitamins with Iron (I don't have to swallow those). I've no idea if it helps, but I always seem to be borderline anemia. I don't eat red meat/pork/etc. I used to not eat any (fowl) but now eat chicken for protein sometimes.

I believe I had mono in college. My lab partner in biology got it...her mom called me to let me know since we had close contact. I was on the couch feeling dead over the holiday break for two weeks. I assumed it was mono, but knew there wasn't much I could do. What is the test I should get for this exactly? I'll go to my PCP to discuss.

My grandmother was diagnosed with Fibro a few years ago, so don't know if that's something that runs in the family, but I've not been diagnosed and don't think I have many of the symptoms for it...?

I actually want to try Cymbalta, but my EP wants me to wait and see Grubb first, and that appointment was rescheduled for a couple months out due his having to cancel March appointments. The pain is getting bothersome some days (**** days are very bad)....so would like to see if Cymbalta helps. Did it help you, Ernie, with pain management?

Advil doesn't do much. Only for headaches. Not for the harrowing body aches.

Hi,

Cymbalta help with pain and low BP. When I had to stop it at Mayo I had so much vertigo that I had to walk touching the walls

I barely have joint pain with it.

I am not the type to wait when I want to try a new med, especially when I feel that it is going to help me. So I find a doctor who will prescribe it.

Sorry to hear of your pain. I can relate. Adrenaline surges and orthostatic hypotension both can cause body ache/fibro symptoms.

A couple things worth trying: 1) magnesium sulfate bath (if you can take baths); 2) magnesium taurate pills (highly bioavailable magnesium that will loosen muscle tightness); 3) a tussin/DM cough medicine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dextromethorphan), which can be highly effective for painful, tight muscles, because of its mild NMDA antagonistic action.

As for scripts, I never had any luck with Cymbalta or Elavil, but Lyrica helps me, though it comes with a host of side effects, including compounded brain fog and weight gain. Flexeril, Soma, and Baclofen can also help.

Hope you feel better.