Antibiotics

gertie

I've been exposed to strep throat thru the grand children. Since I've never found an antibiotic I can take without serious allergic reaction I'm concerned that I will get strep. The GC are always bringing in some illness. Are there any antibiotics less likely to cause problems in POTS patients. In the past they always causes me to seizure, faint, rash, itching, throat swell, stomach cramps, & the list goes on. Dr has tried me on low dose of several & nothing works. I've asked about compounded antibiotics but they are not available. Any suggestions. Thanks.

I have really bad reactions to antibiotics also. A doctor may never say so, but garlic is natures antibiotics. I did a lot of research on this because of my problems with antibiotics. I am not saying it can replace medical treatment, but I have ate raw garlic to overcome things I would usually treat with an antibiotic. The only thing is you have to eat it raw, or at least some people say. I read an article where garlic was being succesfully used to help aids patients fight antibiotic resistant bacteria. It was used with antibiotics. If you are interested I will see if I can find the article.

Suzy

Honey has natural antibacterial properties (it is now being used for some wound dressings).

Our "traditional" family remedy for colds and sore throats is to put fresh lemon juice, slices of lemon, finely chopped raw garlic, chopped ginger root and a couple of teaspoons of honey in a mug and add hot water (slightly cooler that boiling). If you can manage it eating the ginger and garlic bits afterwards is supposed to help too.

Flop