Tilt Table Test Results

bren22

I finally got my tilt table test results and found that it contained a wealth of information. However, as my cardiologist has pretty much written me off, I don't understand what it all means. Here are the results:

1.Positive tilt table test for vasodepressor type

2.Increased beta adrenergic sensitivity

3.Abnormal epinephrine response

4.Decreased beta reflex sensitivity

5.Normal intrinsic heart rate

6.The epinephrine blood work is still pending

7.Decreased alpha sensitivity with normal activity.

Anyone know what any of this means? I have tried googling it and came up with the fact that it explains some of my gastrointestinal problems but that is it. I am looking for treatment suggestions, abdominal bloating solutions, decreased fatigue.... Anything would be a help as I am primarily bedridden. I am trying to be proactive as my doctors are at a loss.

I finally got my tilt table test results and found that it contained a wealth of information. However, as my cardiologist has pretty much written me off, I don't understand what it all means. Here are the results:

Anyone know what any of this means? I have tried googling it and came up with the fact that it explains some of my gastrointestinal problems but that is it. I am looking for treatment suggestions, abdominal bloating solutions, decreased fatigue.... Anything would be a help as I am primarily bedridden. I am trying to be proactive as my doctors are at a loss.

HI...just wanted to say hello.. I do not know what your results mean..hopefully someone here will. I too am awaiting my autonomic testing results. But why are you bedridden? And when I heard you say your cardiologist wrote you off. maybe..just maybe..thats a good thing. Do you have a neuro who specializes in Autonomic problems? They seem to be rare...keep your hopes up..write more ok?

Warmly Jan

HI...just wanted to say hello.. I do not know what your results mean..hopefully someone here will. I too am awaiting my autonomic testing results. But why are you bedridden? And when I heard you say your cardiologist wrote you off. maybe..just maybe..thats a good thing. Do you have a neuro who specializes in Autonomic problems? They seem to be rare...keep your hopes up..write more ok?

Warmly Jan

Hi Jan I am primarily bedridden due to the chronic fatigue. I am so tired that basically it is going to the bathroom anc that is it. I do more when I absolutely have to but then I pay for it and feel worse. I am looking for a neuro that might take my case but there has been on response to my referral after 4-5 months. I am to see a new cardio in March and if he doesn't come up with anything, my primary care doc wants to send me to Boston to see Dr. Roy Freeman. Heard anything about him?

Bren

HUGS to you BREN ~!!

I know what its like to only stay in bed..and losing what little energy you have when you try to do something. What I tried was RX Provigil as I could not even keep my head up while trying to work. Walking was exhausting. BUT then I saw this nutritionist. He said I was in such terrible shape I was near organ failure. So he first detoxed any heavy chemicals..then built UP my system with nutrients I was missing or low. It was then that my really BAD fatigue stopped..AND..I got my balance back.

Now my fatigue is more in my muscles..esp my legs.

I hope you find a doc who will build your system up. Are you taking any nutrients? Vitamins?? Veggies..and protein? Most docs wont even discuss diet and nutrition..its foreign to them. But this nutritionist that I see can TEST for toxins..deficiencies..and build you up for ONLY what you need until you are better again.

Hope you feel better..real soon

Warmly Jan

I spent almost 2 years in bed getting worse and worse each and every day. I dident have any idea what was going on, the doctors dident either...However, I did know that if I dident start pushing back at this thing, it was going to kill me. I pushed myself every day to walk, one day down the hall, the next down the hall twice, then down the steps and so on, until a year or 2 later I could hike 3 miles again in the canyons. After 8 years of pushing back at this. I know now that I will always have to push back at it. Or it will take my life over as it has twice already. I have POTS and CFS, and as bad as it gets I have one thing on my mind, fighting back with Christ, diet and exercise. Well Christ is a personal thing. But you get my point. Staying in bed will only fuel the fires. This is no joke, Im pretty sure this syndrome feeds off of surrender. I know for me, just taking a 3 block walk after I have been in bed with a cold for a few days is ****. Ill decondition right away, and have to recondition all over again. Keep moving. In Christ Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am not a doctor but I can tell you what I think it means.

1.Positive tilt table test for vasodepressor type: Your BP goes down when you stand up

2.Increased beta adrenergic sensitivity: your adrenaline receptors are more sensitive than normal to adrenaline

3.Abnormal epinephrine response: You react more strongly than your body should to adrenaline (from #2 comment)

4.Decreased beta reflex sensitivity: Your heart does not compensate well when you stand up

5.Normal intrinsic heart rate: Normal HR

7.Decreased alpha sensitivity with normal activity.: These receptors don't react enough even without straining.

I hope it helps.