Blood Pooling Pain So Bad

Radha

for those of you who get bad blood pooling in arms and legs and hands and feet, i get it very very bad when i try to eat so little, even with legs elevated in

bed, and when the veins get so big and swollen its so so painful even after the veins go back to normal and even after i am done eating, i get very bad

heaviness and even sharp needles in hands and feet when i eat too, is there any specific med that might help the pain of the pooling? i take oxycontin for

bone pain of lyme, but it doesnt help at all for the needles and heaviness pain of pooling, thanks for any help

Radha

i tried midodrine 6 or 7 years ago, i wasnt as bad as i am now, but even then it didnt help me at all, didnt even raise my bp at all, yes i get blood pooling

even with so so little food and yes ice on my hands helps the pain but i cannot take getting so cold by putting ice all over arms and legs and feet and i am

already getting so so cold when i eat, i guess because the blood is being directed to the stomach and away from the skin and i also have very low blood

volume which i am sure makes everything worse! i havent tried the hose because it takes so long for me to eat since i choke and have swallowing problems

that it feels too too uncomfortable wearing them or even the abdominal binding, i cannot stand or watk at all, thanks for any ideas and help

Radha

Guest tearose

I am sorry you are hurting so.

I too get heavy painful legs but manage to get into compression and do feel great deep relief from this. Maybe you could try a lesser level of compression to just see if you feel any relief?

I too get tired after eating but can't manage ice!!! It would trigger more pain in me. If anything, I reach for blankets and warming gloves. Aren't you colder after eating?

healing wishes,

tearose

I'm sorry you feel so bad - I sometimes get pain in my legs, but it's not as severe.

Have you tried different types of compression hose? If you can't tolerate abdominal compression, maybe you could try thigh-high hose, or 20-30mmHg compression instead of 30-40? If you get it custom-measured at a medical supply store, it is sometimes much more comfortable/effective. You don't need a prescription, but I did request one from my doctor, so my insurance covered it. I found abdominal compression very uncomfortable at first (I wear a binder, as well), during and after eating, and at first had to remove it at those times, but it no longer bothers me - it feels like my body adapted to it after a while.

Do you take any medication to help with the pooling? Has your doctor suggested anything?

When my abdomen is too tender I like to wear my 20-30 mm thigh-high compression hose.

My pooling pain doesn't sound nearly as painful as yours, but when I went to a store that sells compression garments I asked about compression for my hands and arms. Unfortunately, it's really expensive ($250 for each glove because they're custom-made, and $90 for each sleeve).

I'm sorry you're hurting so much. I hope you can find some relief!

what medication is there for pooling other than midodrine? i take alot of beta blockers but i dont think that helps for pooling, i cannot thank all of you enough for replying, yes i get very cold when i eat thats why i cannot tolerate ice, even though it does help the pain, could someone please tell me the best brand name and where i can order the compression, i dont care about the money, i didnt know you could get them custom made for hands and arms, and i have no idea what size to get for my abdomen, any help would be appreciated, thanks again so so much

radha

Guest tearose

I use a glove or gauntlet for my hand, I use a sleeve is for my arm and if not using compression pantyhose I have a sleeve for my leg. I find the best results with custom made JUZO. I do have some less expensive Jobst but they are not as breathable or effective. I use these garments in addition to a compression pump.

tearose

Radha - where do you live? I went to a medical supply store that I knew sold compression stockings - they took my measurements, and ordered them for me, since they didn't have the particular ones I needed in stock (they were delivered to my home for free, but most stores probably wouldn't have this service). I went to a different store to get an abdominal binder - they asked me for my preferences, and also measured me, and then gave me one in my size. You could google something like "medical supply store", together with your zipcode, and it may come up with something - if you call them, they should tell you if they offer anything like this. I wear Sigvaris compression hose, and I like them a lot. I've also used Jobst, and I've heard good things about Mediven, as well.