POTS and mono

Guest veryblue

have you had mono before?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I got POTS right after a really intense mono infection, thanks for the poll.

Maybe we could poll people who got POTS right after mono???

Have a great day

Lisa

• 4 weeks later...

I had mono (when I was 12) and I still test postive for Epstein Barr. There are a lot of theories relating Epstein Barr to many conditions. I don't know if it's a valid theory or not. Maybe one day they will find out, but i'm not holding my breath! :unsure:

Hi - I have not had mono before, but I did get the Epstein Barr virus unfortunately about 1yr and 3 months after being diagnosed with POTS. I was tested for it before my POTS diagnosis and did not have it then, but in October of 2003, was feeling real tired, crappy and some other symptoms and was tested and at that time I tested positive for the Epstein Barr Virus. Doctor says because my immune system is so low its not surprising I picked up the EB virus somewhere.

Corina,

Mono is short for mononucleosis. It's a virus that causes painful swollen glands in the groin and neck area, weakness, tired feeling, etc.. It can last several weeks. It's also called the "kissing disease" as it's contagious through saliva. Hope that helps.