Exposed To Stomach Flu

I was with a date last night who appeared pale and was complaining of a toothache.

Seeing no problem with this, I kissed him (a lot).

Today he says he feels nauseous and his stomach hurts. He was just tired last night (and has been for a few days), so I don't know what is going on! He's been sleeping most of the afternoon, but his stomach still hurts. He went to the dentist who said it was just gum inflammation, so that shouldn't be causing systemic symptoms.

I guess I stupidly exposed myself to the stomach flu. I hate Winter so much. I don't know what I should do. Should I call my doctor, get a hospitalization set up if I get sick? I hate vomiting and do everything possible not to and freak out when I do to the point that I get almost suicidal. Help!

I read that until the person is vomiting / had diarrhea, they aren't contagious. I hope this is correct. What can I do?

Sara

I really cant add anything that hasn't already been said, but I know if I feel like I'm coming down with something I go straight to bed to sleep as much as I can and drink as much water as possible. I find the sleep really helps my immune system. Majority of the time I dont even end up getting sick.

Well I checked in with him tonight. Even though his stomach still hurts he says he's still able to eat, but making sure it's bland, easy to digest foods. He's nauseous, but it appears to stay down *knock on wood* His main symptom is exhaustion. Sleeps for 2 hours, is awake for an hour, sleeps for two more- etc. He says he's cold and not sure if he has a fever.

This doesn't fit for a gastro illness, as far as I can tell. Had noro and there wasn't bone crushing fatigue associated. Nor does it fit for the flu as their are no respiratory symptoms attached.

What do you guys think?

What does this mean for me? I'm dosing up on Echinecea and Zinc as well as drinking plenty of water. I'm so nervous though, that I don't want to eat.

Sara