What A Day To Spike A Fever

Maxine

Today is the last Christmas Eve to spend with my family in my parent's house because my Dad is selling it. My mother passed away in early 2007, and the house is too big for him. We wanted to keep the house in the family, but none of us can afford it. If we could sell our house we could swing it----------BUT, you all know how the market is. We're all in a position that is not feasible to sell----or buy. We have a lot of equity, but it would be hard to sell----it would not be wise.

So anyway, this morning I woke up with a 100.9 temp. For me this is high, as I never have fevers, and in fact my temps run low------usually 97.5. My face is all red, and my heart is racing away.

I have no idea what is causing the fever. I do have clogged ears, stiff neck--(outside of my usual neck issues), and a mild sore throat. I have sinus drippage also. Sounds like some kind of flu. Monday night all body parts hurt----even my finger tips. My spine was on fire, and it felt like I tore something in my shoulder blade. I can't tell, as my upper thoracic spine is in a lot of pain too. It's my husband's birthday also today, and I feel bad for makaing him call in sick, but I feel so weak-----I'm afraid of passing out alone in the house. The pain comes through to my chest from my back. I can tell becase when I sit up straight I feel the sharp pain start, and it shoots straight through. It's with body movement. I also felt mt neck subluxate more then usual, and more severe Monday. I'm wondering if partially blocked CSF can cause these ear problems I'm having.

I over did it Monday making Christmas cookies with my brother's kids. I really didn't notice anything outside of my usual junk that day and more subluxating in the cervical/cranial area, and I figure out a way around that. After all, I was home and able to rest anytime I needed. However, I think I was running on fumes, and didn't realize it until I crashed.

I was in so much pain Monday night after everyone left I cried out loud, and I don't usually do this because I'm used to pain. My husband ran a bath for me Monday night, and the water was only luke warm. I had a melt down and sat and cried in the luke warm water-----------just soooo tired of feeling terrible, and sooooooooooooo angry. I think it's getting to me. People don't understand how sick I am. I look so good----even now with my rosey cheeks. Yesterday I couldn't move my right arm, not even to open a package of chocolate chips for the seven layer cookies. My fever yesterday was only 99.5, but I sitll had the pain, and was pretty weak. I managed to make seven layer cookies later in the evening.

My job is to make the cookies for the christmas eve party with my family. The kids helped Monday with the cut out cookies------and the seven layer cookies are really easy. You just dump everything in the pan in layers on top of a grahm cracker crust. My husband helped by opening all the packages. My fingers still hurt. I think I burnt them when I picked up that thing you put on the stove top burners. I turned on the flame to make hot dogs for the kids, as this was the easiest thing to fix for them. My sister in law asked me to move them to the back burner. I turned off the burner, but have no idea why I picked up the burner thing. It was abviously hot--- ;) I was disoriented from the OI, and I get this way. Since I have all these issues with my spine I don't notice the pain until later. I didn't feel it right away, an my sister in law thought that was really weird. Then later that light I had untense pain on my finger tips.

It's scaring me how I'm just not with it lately. I'm also really depressed. This family get together is important to me, and I'm in agony. I'm due to get another full MRI of my spine. I don't want to know what this one will show.

Maxine :0)

I am so sorry that you are going through all this, Maxine.

What about renting it out with option to buy? That?s how they are trying to cope with the the real estate market here nowadays.

Have you cought a cold? It?s very possible due to the change of temperatures, etc.

Hope you feel better soon,

Love,

Tessa

Thank You--- :)

I have no idea what is going on with me..... I have a earache/headache combo kind of thing, and drainage. It's really weird, and I never get fevers like this. My glands are tender, but don't seem to be swollen.

As far as my dad's house, well we were the first approached, but he's asking too much. He needs to get what the home is worth, as the economy has affected him too. My brothers and I want him to get what his house is worth. It's a very nice 4 bedroom ranch with two 1/2 baths. New roof, windows, newer central air and heating.

He also has a beautiful built in pool that is really nice. He has a huge front yard with a lot of landscaping, and a big back yard. If we knew we could sell this house were in now, I think we could swing it. However, houses aren't selling right now. We have a smaller 1 1/2 story brick home with finished basement, and double lot. It needs a little cosmetic work inside, but has newer roof, windows, and 12 year old furnace and central air that we put in when we bought the house. It looks nice inside----well kept---but needs small things done. It feels small for us, and we need to remodel the kitchen. We thought about a condo, as there's some very nice condos in Monclova township, just outside of Maumee, Ohio. A bit pricy though----------170K for a decent one.

It's sad spending this last christmas eve there, especially when I feel so sick. I'm so upset because this is the first christmas for my new granddaughter, and I can't enjoy it feeling this way. Dad doesn't feel it like we do----he's very happy with his new life with his fiance. She wants to stay in her home, so they will live there. At some point he will be getting married. Here he is 77 years old, and doing great. He's a healthy man that still like to exercise and climb trees----lol. I say climb trees because he has in the front yard trimming his pine trees.

I just want to feel better for the holidays---------at least get back to my basline, but better then that would be great--- ;)

I hate it when my heart rate is high----I can't relax this way.

You all take care-----------and I wish you all a ver Merry Christmas/happy holidays-----and of course a beautiful and healthy new year.

Well we had a nice time at my Dad's last night, and my HR settled a bit for the whole time, and my fever was lower---- around 99.3--- ;)

I was glad for that, but I had virtually no appetite, and my throat continues to be really sore.

This morning my fever was down to normal, but went back up a little. My highest temp. was 100.8.

I do feel a bit better, but still have the sore throat and tender glands. Not sure what to do. We thought about going to ER to get a throat culture, as my husband and I did notice a spot back there-------- <_<:)

I hate ERs. Hopefully they will be decent and know about POTS ect. After all, this is the hospital Dr. Grubb works at, and I would think they know something about the ANS by now. When I went there years ago with my POTS symptoms, not one ER doc had a clue, and if they did they weren't telling me---lol. They were decent though, but couldn't figure out what the heck was going on.