New Hydration Product-nuun

mkoven

My new ans informed pcp has recommended a product called nuun-- apparetnly they are little dissolving tablets with perfect electrolyte balance that dissolve in water, with mild fruit flavor. No sugar. He says some of his ans patients swear by them. Available at sporting good stores and online. will try them soon.

I saw this right before xmas so showed my husband - I got 2 tubes in my stocking! I'm really wary of any fake sweeteners, although I don't have a lot of experience w/ sorbitol. It's ok - to me it tastes like it has fake sweeteners in it. I would probably love this if it weren't for that - so I guess I won't be buying anymore. But if you don't mind sugar alternatives I suggest you try it!

• 3 months later...

hi i'll stay with Gatorade as sorbitol is terrible on me. i stay away from fake sugars, due to the relationship to them and ms.

read this http://www.foodintol.com/food_intolerance/hot_ibs.htm

i already have this problem, don't need to make it worse.

If i don't want the sugar i just use water and sea salt and they sell many different kinds i just found out.

I like that Gatorade come in packets that i can keep in my bag to add to my water bottle and just not carry the extra weight around.

I'm feeling under the weather today, hope it not the flu, we all need to be very careful.

We should always have extra on hand.

they make a sugarfree Gatorade around here!

I buy electrolyte/sports Popsicles at the Christmas Tree shops for 1 dollar a box i think 24 are in there.

Cheers everyone as we drink away!

I just went to their website - they seem to have come out with a new product line that doesn't contain artificial sweeteners ("U natural hydration"). They seem to have somewhat different electrolyte content, though - about half as much sodium, from what I can tell.

I ordered the variety pack so I could try all of the flavors... I really didn't like any of them. I tried to force myself to drink them in hopes of getting used to at least one flavor but it didn't happen. The rest has been sitting in my kitchen cabinet for months and I am back to gatorade.