Prayers Requested...

MightyMouse

He's such a warrior. It's hard to fathom, but he now has a NEW kind of melanoma and it's in his remaining eye (the other has been gone for 17+ years). The only good news of this is that it is supposedly the only type responsive to chemo or radiation, so they'll be implanting a seed with chemo & radiation in his eye to try to stop the tumor. The bad news is that as long as this is in his eye he'll be blind...and if it doesn't work, he'll be blind. I'm struggling to accept that he now has TWO different kinds of cancer at once... it just seems so unfair.

Thurs is the surgery to implant, and then Mon or Tues we'll have a sense of what's happening next. Love you you all and many thanks for any good thoughts you may have for Pat.

Nina

Guest tearose

Nina,

I am sorry to hear of this news. Pat will be in my prayers and meditations for a healing turn of events and for all the strength he needs to endure. It is so hard to have these levels of hardship piled on top of each other. I am sure he will find comfort in you being a support to him. Take special care of yourself over these next tension filled days too Nina. Maybe you can find out how to help him after he has the vision loss so when he awakens, it will make the transition more manageable?

warmly,

tearose

Thank you for all good energy and prayers sent his way--he's still in Memorial Sloan Kettering in NYC. I got to see him yesterday and all things considered, he looks pretty good and is in great spirits. Even with the radioactive seed implanted in his eye, he has a little bit of vision so he got to "SEE" me too, which was a blessing. His face and eye are all swollen on that side, but hopefully, that will settle down when they take the seed out on Monday.

He was told by his doctors that in their 20 year long study of melanoma, he's the first to have a second intraocular lesion which is a new kind of melanoma. The said the odds are something like one in a million... not the lottery anyone wants to win! We're all hoping that this cancer gets clobbered by the meds and radiation and doesn't become metastatic, which is what is going on with his other type of melanoma. OY.

Nina