Fatigue

katie_b

I have been hit hard with fatigue for a while now and have tried a few different meds, but none have helped a whole lot.

I have been on an SNRI for a while, and it helps with lightheadedness and syncope, but not with fatigue. This summer I started Adderall, but it seemed to stop working after about a week. I had an appt. with Dr. Grubb a couple months ago and he suggested Provigil. I took it for a few days and it worked really well, but then it seems like my body got used to it, so I stopped taking it. I have heard other people have good results with it, so I tried it again this week and it hasn't helped very much.

I wanted to know if anyone has anything besides these work for fatigue. I am willing to try natural/herbal things or alternative therapies.

Provigil works well for me on an as needed basis. If I take it more than 4 days in a row them my fatigue actually increases and I need the med to get back to baseline. It works well, though, if I just take it once or twice a week when I need that extra boost. Sometimes I plan ahead to take it if I know I'm going out, having company, going to church, etc., and it helps me through those busy days. Other days I use it in the mornings/afternoons when I wake up and just can't get moving without help.

Coffee helps me in the mornings. I drink a cup of coffee daily. It helps me to wake up and gives a tiny boost. I drink another cup in the afternoon if I need it.

The main thing that helps with fatigue is just pacing myself, learning to notice my body signaling that it is time to rest or slow down, and then actually being disciplined enough to slow down or stop and rest.

I hope you can find something that helps you. Hang in there.

Rachel

Thanks!! I don't know why Provigil hasn't helped me. I just can't put my finger on it.

I've never had a sleep study done and have been thinking about that because I know apnea is a common problem to have.

I am still interested in knowing what has helped other people and I really appreciate the advice!