Need Help. Am Feeling Very Depressed.

dezyrae2

I am very frustrated. I went to the ep last week and had my third ttt. When it was over they told me I had POTS, but i have been being treated for pots by this same doc for the last 5 years. What the heck? How do you keep diagnosing someone with the same thing over and over and not give any treatments? I went to my family doc today and she was floored!!! She is now going to see about sending me to the cleveland clinic. The other thing is that now i have to get an ultrasound of my thyroid and see an endo doctor. I had radioactive iodine to destroy my thyroid 12 years ago so i dont understand why i have to get this now. I had graves disease but i thought that the iodine made it go away. I am just so confused and I am feeling totally depressed all of the time any more. I just keep getting these stupid adrenaline rushes, heart rates in the 150's, dizzy all of the time and sick to my stomach. I just wonder how to deal with feeling so in the dumps all of the time. This is so frustrating cause i do what i can but i cant do near the things i used to and i feel like such a waste to my family and friends. Also i applied for ssi and still haven't heard a thing and it has been 2 months already. Sorry for all of the whining but I just feel so lost. Thanks Desiree

I'm so sorry you are having such a tough time right now. I can certainly understand your frustration when you are so disabled. Try to keep in mind that most people with POTS DO get better.

Have you tried any treatments for POTS? Does the EP explain why he/she is not recommending treatment? You shouldn't have to go to Cleveland for further testing--I think your EP should be able to treat you--that is ridiculous.

There a medical journal paper on POTS and treatment that I can e-mail you to show your EP if you think it would be helpful.

If you want it, PM me with your e-mail address!

{{{{hugs}}}}}

I know how hard it is to be diagnosed and re-diagnosed with POTS and still not have any answers or improved ideas for treatment. I also know that the thyroid can be a very tricky player in all of this autonomic disorder. My hashimoto thyroid has been misbehaving for the last two years ... up and down and up again. It is my understanding that Graves can also play havoc even after being shot down years earlier. Keep in mind these are auto-immune thyroid disorders ... which means in a nut shell our body is making anti-bodies to attack and destroy "normal" tissue and organs. Small wonder we feel like crap.

I hope your new endo finds something that can help you soon. If not, I hope your own body in its infinite wisdom (which it does have despite outwardly appearances) finds it's way back to a more even balanced rhythm.

Salubrious.

~EM

Whine away, you are allowed when you feel like #@&*! I wish I could write something that would help :( . I truly feel your pain, I am desperately hoping to find a doctor who knows what they are looking at. It is extremely frustrating to have multiple doctors say they don't have a clue what is going on. Best of luck with your endocrinologist, maybe they can get it managed.