Ssi Hearing

dezyrae2

Hi All,

I had my social security hearing yesterday and it was actually a piece of cake. I was really nervous over nothing. The only catch is that they said i wont have an answer for about 3=6 weeks. I thought they would tell me right on the spot. But at least the waiting for the hearing is over. I waited over a year. Now just have to wait for an answer. Thanks for all of the good thoughts though. You all are sooooooo great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Glad to hear that it's now over with!! It's just the waiting from here on out... yay! :D

I actually just got denied SSI for the second time (even though I had a lawyer) and so I'm taking the lawyer and going through to the hearing process also. Just have to fill out the paperwork, and I'm not sure how long it will take.

I am a little nervous, just because I know it's something people can't SEE. And also because of the ridiculous stuff SS wrote back to me - that I "can stand or walk for 6 hours a day" if I did that, I'd be on the ground! :o and that my symptoms "aren't severe" :) (yeah, okay, that's why I only have enough energy to shower & then I'm done with "activities" for the day.) :P

How did the hearing work? Does a judge just ask you questions, etc.? Are they similar to the questions on the SSI forms?

Glad to hear the hardest part is over for you!

Chrissy

So glad it went well for you,and it is finally over. Now I will pray for a favorable decision. At the hearing the judge said I would get an answer in 2 months,my decision came in 12 days,I hope you have the same luck,Pat