Article Today On Pots

Thanks for the article Nina.

The only thing I am ASTONISHED by is Grubb's comment that folks with 'viral version' are slow to recover???????????

I always heard the opposite..those with gradual onset (in other words, have had it all our lives as we examine our childhoods: Poor exercise tolerance, couldn't play reed instruments (trumpet, harmonica, trombone, or blow up balloons, radical motion sickness, motitlity problems) who become disabled are much less likely to recover.

I used to hear the 80/20 ration.

80 per cent are sudden onset..20 percent are born with and gradually more debilitated.

Other than that, nothing in the article suprises me but it's good to share with others.

:)

Thanks for sharing Nina-- :)

It's good to see something out there anytime. It also said POTS is disabling which helps people get a better understanding that this just isn't a disorder that can make your heart race. Back when the "reart racing" was my only symptom I wasn't disabled. I simply took beta blockers and carried on with my life.

Although I thought it was good to see an article published in a newspaper on POTS, I still think "dysautonomia" needs MORE focus. Some pople are misdiagnosed with POTS, and have ANS dysfunction from birth-----possibly genetic. Or the have ANS issues secondary to other things besides viruses. Some ANS disorders are life threatening, and I see people bed ridden, needing picc lines to feed them because of gastroparesis, or a picc line for regular IV fluids ect.

The more complex issues still need focus.

Maxine :0)

YES!!!!!!!!!!! I loved the fact they say it's "DISABLING"

i am tired of people thinking 'just pull yourself up by your bootstraps and push' mentality...I don't know folks like that but all the new age self help books push that junk...as if we WANT to be disabled..but I digress.

Thanks for the link Nina...I will send it to many.:blink:

and my brain fog is so bad, I forgot to mention this in my earlier post. :)

Personally, I liked the article because it describes POTS in a way that most average, non-disabled folks can really understand.

Thanks so much for sharing. I forwarded it to my best friend because she had asked me about POTS.