Vision Problems

gertie

This is one of the weirdest things I've experienced & I can't remember what dr called it. It took me a lot of years to find a dr that had ever heard of it. If I look at something red, purple, or pink, then look at something light colored it looks pink. I've been having this for several years. The first time I noticed it I was in bed. My pillowcase had a red flower on it & when I looked at my white sheet, the sheet was red. I freaked out. It's very distracting to be looking at a red hazy computer screen. If I wear pink or red clothes the world looks pink. I wonder if that's what they mean "looking at the world through rose tinted glasses". It didn't happen for a few months & now it's back. Has anyone else had this problem? thanks.

Hi, I have that problem too and have had for as long as I can remember. I am 50yrs old so for a very long time. I don't think it's anything to worry about but then again I've never asked as I just thought everyone got it. I suffer from migraines and I have a lot of visual disturbance going on and have been told that even when I don't have pain of a migraine, I am still having migraine due to other symptoms that I get. They said I have been suffering probably since a child. Don't know if this relates in any way to your situation. Hope you get some answers! Helen