New Here, Wanting Advice.

ana_22

Hi to everyone, Im new here and suspect that i may have pots or something simmilar.

It all started almost 4 months ago when i had a fainting/dizzy feeling while in a shopping centre. I went home to 'rest it out' but the dizzy feeling is still here 3.5 months later. The first 2 weeks i could barely eat and have had extreme nausea, dizziness and insomnia. I am tachy when standing but not ALL the time, still standing and walking around are difficult for me. I just have a few questions and was hoping for some advice/confirmation of symptoms etc. as I'm getting a little nervous thinking maybe this is POTS, maybe its something more sinister, i dont know... By the way i have a TTT scheduled in a couple of weeks.

I have dizziness almost all the time, do others experience unrelenting dizziness? Sometime i feel like the dizziness has something to do with how my eyes move? (I have been checked out by an ENT who could not find anything) can anyone offer advice or has this symptom? and does the constant dizziness eventually go away or subside.

I have nausea almost all of the time, ranging from severe to mild (unfortunatly ussually severe) I have had a endoscopy which didnt reveal anything. My main concern is since the 'initial incident' my whole eating/digesting patterns seen to be off. I am never hungry, have no appetite, everytime i eat i burp up what ever i have put into my mouth (even if it is a sip full of water), it feels like i can feel when there is food in my stomach, making it saw to touch or lean my hand against. I feel like digestive system is failing. Has anyone had this, particularly the burping and if so what helped get rid of the burping and get to some kind of normality with eating?

ALso i have alot of twitches, muscle contractions and a feeling of an inner tremor. The inner tremor is my most concerning as it makes me feel like i have no control over my body. I cant see the tremor, but can feel it. it almost feels like a pulsating and sometimes it feels if my vision is also pulsating. Again can anyone offer any advice etc.

Lastly the tachy in the early stages would not be as severe as i have read on the forum...my pulse standing would range from 95-120. Recently im not tachy all the time when standing, but i notice that the difference between the numbers of my bp reading decreases the longer i am standing for example my BP goes from 120/75 to 105/80 to 105/85 as i take readings while i am standing.

I am looking forward to the TTT and what it will reveal but am getting quite anxious that i am not tachy as much as before as if its not POTS, WHAT is it? Any thoughts would be apriciated!

Hi,

For me the inner tremor was related to proper rest, needing 8 hours consecutive sleep. I was working nights and sleeping 4 hours at a time. (Still getting8, no good as it turned out). I have had periods of dizziness, hours ,not days. But I think its possible that you are losing muscle tone in your eyes. We all lose muscle tone when we faint. The eyes will roll back. They are possibly related. Various inner ear p[roblems involve the eyes. With vertigo you feel like the room is spinning, with Meniere's there is NYSTAGMUS.

Common Causes

Nystagmus is a symptom of many different disorders. Your health care provider will take a careful history and perform a thorough physical examination, which will emphasize the nervous system and inner ear.

Questions asked in a medical history may cover the following areas:

* When was it first noticed?

* How often does it occur?

* Has it ever happened before?

* Is it getting better, worse, or staying the same?

* Are there side-to-side eye movements?

* Are there up-and-down eye movements?

* What medications are being taken?

* What other symptoms are present?

Diagnostic tests that may be performed include:

* CT scan of the head or MRI of the head

* Electro-oculography: An electrical method of measuring eye movements using tiny electrodes.

Are you dizzy laying down?

good luck

Hi to everyone, Im new here and suspect that i may have pots or something simmilar.

It all started almost 4 months ago when i had a fainting/dizzy feeling while in a shopping centre. I went home to 'rest it out' but the dizzy feeling is still here 3.5 months later. The first 2 weeks i could barely eat and have had extreme nausea, dizziness and insomnia. I am tachy when standing but not ALL the time, still standing and walking around are difficult for me. I just have a few questions and was hoping for some advice/confirmation of symptoms etc. as I'm getting a little nervous thinking maybe this is POTS, maybe its something more sinister, i dont know... By the way i have a TTT scheduled in a couple of weeks.

I have dizziness almost all the time, do others experience unrelenting dizziness? Sometime i feel like the dizziness has something to do with how my eyes move? (I have been checked out by an ENT who could not find anything) can anyone offer advice or has this symptom? and does the constant dizziness eventually go away or subside.

I have nausea almost all of the time, ranging from severe to mild (unfortunatly ussually severe) I have had a endoscopy which didnt reveal anything. My main concern is since the 'initial incident' my whole eating/digesting patterns seen to be off. I am never hungry, have no appetite, everytime i eat i burp up what ever i have put into my mouth (even if it is a sip full of water), it feels like i can feel when there is food in my stomach, making it saw to touch or lean my hand against. I feel like digestive system is failing. Has anyone had this, particularly the burping and if so what helped get rid of the burping and get to some kind of normality with eating?

ALso i have alot of twitches, muscle contractions and a feeling of an inner tremor. The inner tremor is my most concerning as it makes me feel like i have no control over my body. I cant see the tremor, but can feel it. it almost feels like a pulsating and sometimes it feels if my vision is also pulsating. Again can anyone offer any advice etc.

Lastly the tachy in the early stages would not be as severe as i have read on the forum...my pulse standing would range from 95-120. Recently im not tachy all the time when standing, but i notice that the difference between the numbers of my bp reading decreases the longer i am standing for example my BP goes from 120/75 to 105/80 to 105/85 as i take readings while i am standing.

I am looking forward to the TTT and what it will reveal but am getting quite anxious that i am not tachy as much as before as if its not POTS, WHAT is it? Any thoughts would be apriciated!

I am not a confirmed POTS patient, but I have had a positive tilt table test and tachy whenever standing (and sometimes sitting without meds). Seems like you're symptoms happened out of the blue as well as mine, except mine was diagnosed as a panic attack. I can indeed vouch for the burping. Any time I eat or drink anything, including just drinking water, I feel the urge to burp afterwards. Haven't come across anything to help...I have come to just except it. Once again, I have not been formerly diagnosed with POTS or likewise, but with my little knowledge and a lot of research I could find nothing else to explain my symptoms.

Thanks for the replies. My TTT is scheduled for the 20th of July. I have already seen a neurologist, cardiologist and ENT.

Im not dizzy when i'm lying down. Im just mainly dizzy when im moving around while standing up, sitting up, while walking.

The inner tremor is not there all the time, it comes on and can last hours or for the whole day.

Before all this happened i had a slight irritated ear, that was causing stabbing pain and a little dizzyness for a couple of days and also lower backache that lasted 5 weeks. Once both of these had resolved I was hit with this.

Its just so frustrating as it just feels like my whole body stoppped functioning properly that day. Other symptoms that i havent mentioned are frequent urinating, inability to concentrate, insomnia (which has kinda resolved but i still wake up a few times a night), weak legs, pins and needles in feet.

let me try to remember your categories (having lots of memory problems these days)...umm

nausea: yes, me too, but not all the time. Try ginger (fresh, smell it before eating), vinegar (a tablespoon before or after eating, or both), small snacking, high salt products. V8 juice and Gatoraid help rehydrate, and that helps get the nausea a little down. Time of day can make a difference too...I'm most nauseated in early morning and late night.

dizziness: yes, not always, but used to be always (first year of the disease). Flare-ups, always agian. On better-ish days, it's only when I first stand up.

muscle spasms: yes, especially during certain kinds of flare-ups. Try to increase your potassium intake (V8 juice is good for that again). But honestly, I think sometimes the disease just takes over and no amount of suppliments can overcome it.

Hope you find answers soon, and a treatment that helps.