Smoothie Recipies?

flop

I've just treated myself to my first smoothie maker/blender. I love fruit and am looking for ideas of good combinations of fruit and juices / milk / yoghurt. If anyone has any favourites or know of online recipies please share.

Yummm, have just enjoyed mango with orange juice for breakfast!

Flop

mm fruit smoothies! i recently has jumped on the fruit smoothie bandwagon myself.. only thing i can drink that doesnt make me sick! :)

Hmmm .. my personal favorite is strawberry bannana... take about 1 -1 1/2 cups of strawberrys a 1/2 of bannana.. 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream and a splash of OJ..OMG!!!!!! they are so good! I absolutely love them!

I also buy and i dont know if they have these in the UK.. but they are called naked juice.. and its made out of fruit puree and fruit juices... the blue/blackberry rush is very good!

happy smoothie drinking!

I used to have a smoothie for breakfast every morning. My favorite was yogurt, soy milk, and frozen blueberries. Using frozen blueberries instead of ice made the smoothie very rich and very cold. It was like a blueberry milkshake every morning! Mmmmm.....

Have fun with your new toy!

Rachel

Thanks for the suggestions.

So far I have tried:

2 Bananas, 8 Strawberries, 150mls apple juice (delicious)

1 Mango, half a Banana, 150mls orange juice (bit too orange flavoured, will try apple juice next time)

Tomorrow we will try:

pear and raspberry with apple juice

Flop

mm new one we just tried..blackberries.. yogurt (vanilla) and a little milk or icecream.. its good!

Oh yeah a tweak to my strawberry smoothie.. instead of OJ you can also try passion fruit juice instead.. that is really yummy too!

ajw.. yes they are very exspensive!! i had been getting them at the organic grocery where they are nearly 4 bucks ! and i found them at the super walmart for 3 dollars.. and i found them at sheetz (its a convient store/gas station type thing) but they are expsensive there too...

i got 3 of them last night .. they are filling....

is odwalla a similiar product?

• 2 weeks later...

Two of my favorite smoothies I make just about every night:

Orange Peaches:

In a blender combine:

4 peaches, skinned and seeds removed*

4 cups of ice

2 cups of orange juice

1/2 or 1 cup orange sherbet

Blend and enjoy

*one time I forgot to remove the seed, so I had to call poison control (the seeds can kill 'ya).

My other favorite is an energy drink that is loaded with fiber, amino acids, protein and antioxidants. Its made with the a?a? fruit that is grown in Brazil (pronounced Ah-Sigh-EE). It is listed as Oprah's #1 food. Brazilians drink this stuff before and after exercising. It sort of tastes like chocolate and cherries and you can order the frozen stuff online for making smoothies.

Chocolate A?a? Smoothies

1 bag "Amazon Mania! AcaiRaw" from Whole Foods or 3 cups of AcaiRoots brand A?a? (order online from www.acairoots.com)

1 cup of ice

1 or 2 cups 2% milk (depending on the consistency you like)

About 10 tbs Hershey's chocolate syrup (I just pour a bunch in)

About 5 tbs pure cane sugar (or sweeten to taste)

Blend and enjoy. You will be sitting on the ceiling after drinking this.

Another good A?a? smoothy: Pineapple-Orange A?a? Smoothies

1 bag "Amazon Mania! AcaiRaw" from Whole Foods or 3 cups of AcaiRoots brand A?a? (order online from www.acairoots.com)

2 cups of ice

1 or 2 cups pinapple-orange juice (depending on the consistency you like)

Blend and enjoy.

I got a book called the Ultimate Smoothie book when I got my smoothie maker. I love it and it gives great recipies. They sell them at amazon.com and I would get the used one, they are just as good, but they dont cost as much.