Good News And Questions

dezyrae2

First of all the good news. I just got engaged. I am so excited actually a little too excited though cause my pots started acting up a little. It is worth it though to be so happy. My daughters are thrilled too. :lol:

Next for my questions. Has anyone ever taken multivitamins and felt sick from them? I just took one this morning and about 2 hours later i felt extremely nauseous :huh: and got a big hot flash. My heart rate went up very high too. The only different thing i did was take the vitamin so i thought maybe that was the problem

Also I would like any feed back from anyone who could help with how paxil works for pots and for different individuals. My doctor wants me to try 10mg of paxil. She said first start out with a half though. I am just really scared to try it cause i am so sensitive to medications. I read on it and it seems to have some awful side effects. So if anyone is on this or tried it for pots please let me know what you all think.

Thank you all in advance.

Desiree

Congratulations on the engagement! Always good to hear positive news in the social lives of us POTsies :huh:

As for the Paxil, I had tried it as one of the first drugs when I first started with POTs symptoms.... My heart raced really bad from it. Turns out that this is a common side-effect of Paxil. Since then, many friends of mine and some sibblings of my husband who are all nurses, have commented on how they "hate" the drug Paxil for the patients they see or anyone. Interested to hear the medical fields opinion, yet many doctors continue to prescribe it. BUT I believe there are some people who do well on it, so once again, it varies by person. This is just my experience and knowledge of it.

If your doctor is saying to try just half, than definitely do a smaller dose. When I tried it, it was before I had put together that I had somehow become sensitive to drug dose amounts, so I did a normal dose. I now need about an infant size dose amount for anything. Sending you good wishes in finding something that will help.