For Those Of You Who Eat Gluten-free And Dairy-free

I know there are many of us who have had a lot of success with dietary changes--especially wheat-free/gluten-free and/or dairy-free.

I just learned about a new bakery today and ohmygoodness do the desserts look DIVINE!

They are very pricey, but it looks like each cookie or brownie is very large in size--so about the same price as if you would go to a coffee shop and buy a brownie (that is not specialty food) there.

Since I don't get to go out to eat ever, I already asked for these for my birthday as my 'cake'! :ph34r:

All ingredients are also organic.

The link is:

http://www.molassesbakery.com

How do I make this show up as a 'hot link'? I just tried, but can't make it work.

If anyone tries this new bakery, let me know!

I was drooling just looking at the website!

Emily

Edited by Sunfish
hyperlink corrected

i "fixed" the link for you! it's actually really simply...you were probably trying too hard b/c all you needed was to make the address complete by starting with the "http://" at the beginning of the address!

the goodies DO look very good...wish i could try them!

:ph34r: melissa

Thanks for posting this!

A note to those with milk sensitivity-- the white-chocolate cookies have milk in them. The description says gluten-free and organic, but if you aren't looking carefully, you might miss the milk in them. Everything else there is dairy free though. I'm planning what to order right now. :ph34r:

omg the cherry walnut brownies look awesome...

I'm fortunate that I can just take a short drive into philly and go to Mr. Ritt's gluten free bakery so I don't need to order online; his chocolate succer torte really fills my need for a dessert fix...and the cookies are good too.

Hey, my local grocery has just started carrying all my brown rice pastas so I don't have to order online anymore. They are also carrying Van's gluten free waffles, which I've been buying for years, and Glutano's breads. I've been feeling pretty spoiled with my breakfasts lately, and it's nice to be able to have a sandwich for lunch again!

Nina

Kristen--Yes, you do have to look a little bit carefully at the ingredient lists, but I emailed the woman last night and she emailed me right back. So, I think she will be helpful with any questions...

The white chocolate has dairy in it so that does it for those brownies if you need gluten-free and dairy-free...

They also have an oat-quinoa thingie--and of course it is debatable whether folks with celiac can tolerate oats, but her husband and sister-in-law are both celiacs and she uses the oats that aren't cross-contaminated.

Nina--a lot of the desserts from Mr. Ritts are not shipped :ph34r: so I was excited to see this option come availabe from this bakery. You are lucky to have close access to Mr. Ritts. Also, this bakery has more dairy free items I think.

Melissa--thanks for fixing that! I never could figure out why it wouldn't take links I posted. DUH!!!!! I, too, wish you could eat these treats. :lol:

As for breads--We just recently discovered two new brands and both are whole grain instead of the white breads that most rice breads are---

Ina Garden and Le Garden. They are really, really, good!

Emily

Thanks for the link Emily!

Sophia brought up a good point to me a while ago about the possibility of glutin intolerance as being part of my problems, as I have intestines that are a bit of a mess.

I removed part of my post right here, as -------how many times do you all need to hear the same story on my intestines??---LOL------------- :huh:

Yesterday my husband and I stopped at Costco, and a Lady had cracker samples out. I was surprized to find out they were glutin free. They are called, healthy gatherings multi-grain crackers-----made by crunchmaster. They are so good--yum.

I hope they sit right with me, as they do have seeds. If they don't I'll be bummed, because they taste so good.

Here's a link below:

http://www.crunchmaster.com/

My box of crackers said glutin free on the front of the box, but since they are made in a plant that also produces wheat products, they said they could not claim "glutin-free" on the web site. These new multi-grain crackers also have 290mg of omega 3. I did not see the new ones I bought on the web site yet.

Maxine :0)

Hey Emily!!!!

You are the best!

I ordered peanut butter chocolate chip cookies from the Molasses Bakery website on Monday, and they arrived THE NEXT DAY! Last night we opened up the package (which was technically for my grandma since she is the confirmed gluten intolerant one), and we all tried a bite. Well the bites turned into eating several cookies. These cookies are seriously amazing. They come in a cute box, and the taste, texture, and quality are all superior to the "regular" gluten-containing chocolate chip cookies that I made from scratch last week.

In my opinion, this company is everything it appears to be and more. You could easily send these as a gift because they come in a sealed, labeled bag that is placed in tissue paper in a printed box. The taste is what I can't get over. I've been eating samples of my grandma's gluten free stuff since I was a kid, and this is by far one of the best gluten free things I've tried. I can't tell you how enthusiastic I feel about this product.

Super fast shipping, completely fresh and homemade tasting. I can't say much more. I will definitely order from them again. I've already eaten 2 of my grandma's dozen. The fact they are organic and dairy free is a total bonus for me-- no worries about my IBS flaring up.

I highly recommend ordering from this site-- the customer service is fantastic too. Very friendly and helpful.

Kristen

Kristen,

I am so glad to hear your story! That is amazing! :rolleyes: Interesting to hear also that they are better tasting than buying and making your own mixes. Mom and I were just talking about that tonight--whether she should try making stuff or not. But what you ordered sounds so amazing.

I am just glad it worked out so well. This bakery is just getting started and I am sure she would LOVE to hear your feedback. The woman is 28 years old and she is doing this! Kind of amazes me. If you type in Molasses Bakery in Google you'll find their blog come up right away...with guess what? More recipes for yummy treats! You're supporting a small, organic bakery which is such a good feeling to me! Not to mention this woman's dream.

Amazing that they arrived right on time. I may have to order these as a graduation gift for someone who is a minimalist but eats gluten-free! They would be a real treat. He's impossible to by for and would love that the cookies are organic, etc. Mr. California Granola who just got his Ph.D and what the heck to buy for him???? Now I just might have the answer!

Thank you for 'reporting in' Kristen! I'm really excited. I think though, that I just can't wait until my birthday in OCTOBER to try these goodies!!!! :blink:

Later alligator,

Emily

i was excited but when i emailed her, she said all her products are high in fat and i cannot digest fat, especially saturated fat, so i cannot buy any of her stuff! of any of you know of a bakery that makes low fat or fat free stuff, please let me know

Radha