Oh My Goodness

Mary P

Did you know that there is a medical condition called Pott's Disease? It is a form of tuberculous infection (TB) where the infection is in the spine rather than the lungs - it is important that our doctors don't try to treat us for TB instead of our sort of POTS!!!

Flop

Did you know that there is a medical condition called Pott's Disease? It is a form of tuberculous infection (TB) where the infection is in the spine rather than the lungs - it is important that our doctors don't try to treat us for TB instead of our sort of POTS!!!

Flop

Thanks for this info, Flo. No, I didn't know this but it's something we need to be aware of. This will give me something new to research. I've been researching POTS for a year now, although initially I didn't know that my search for 'heavy, achy, weakened and swollen legs would lead eventually me to POTS. At first the only info I found regarding my symptoms was that they related to varicose veins.

As other symptoms manifested themselves, I was eventually led to POTS. I then knew that I had a 'double whammy' as regards blood pooling in my legs since this is true of both V V and POTS.