Coenzyme Q10 Any Success With The Fatigue?

Tanzanite

Hi everyone,

Not around so much as I've had some improvements and I'm continually working on my own rehabilition. By no means am I cured, but I have improved from being pretty much a vegetable. Just wanted to know if anyone has tried CoQ10 for their fatigue, did it work, how much did you take, how long before you noticed an effect, that kind of thing. I'm thinking of giving it a go. What concerns me though is articles I've read saying it can reduce high BP, mine's low-normal and so a little worried about that. I'm hoping it just reduces it if it's high and make no difference if it's normal! Also, that if you stop taking it, people with certain heart conditions can become a lot worse. I am unaware of having any heart problems apart from the usual tachy stuff that goes with POTS (though it's an awful lot less than it was) kind of worried if I were to stop taking it (haven't started it yet though) things will get worse. Has it helped with anyone's tachy due to the POTS?

Thanks all and hope everyone is as well as possible.

I did try COQ10 at 50mg I believe it was once a day- and I was very excited at the possibility of this helping in some way, whatever it may be as I had read that it was being used for so many things. Well, I tried it for about a week or so and was feeling worse every time I took it. I was more lightheaded and could not stand to lift my arms at all above shoulders- was in bed a lot more on it.

My HR is very low already with the atenolol- so not sure what the deal was. Again---everyone is dift. My physician was deft. for the attempt to try it-- just didn't work for me.

I started taking 50mg in January and felt an increase in energy within a day or two. I do really like how it makes me feel. It's not a huge increase in energy, rather it's kind of subtle. That may be because of the low dose. It didn't otherwise help my POTS symptoms, but doesn't seem to have any negative side effecs either.

My son initially took 50 mg./day and got a HUGE increase in energy. It lasted a few weeks, then he crashed and he hasn't ever gotten back to that energy level. His neurologist is a great believer in CoQ10 and now has my son taking 300 mg./day. It might be helping his energy somewhat, but not as much as we'd like. Still, I don't think he's had any side effects or negative reactions to it.