Where To Go? And..

art3

hi all

klonopin for the last 2 yrs has been a godsend-it relieved much of my lightheadedness, fatigue and neupathy etc.. in last 5 days its doing something else-im drowsy all the time. feel groggy etc.. what one earth is going on? we tired blood rpessure meds etc with no great help-klonopin did. noone here knows what to do. im in terrible agony. ive got gret insurance and medicare-where can i go to get this finally diagnosed fully etc? ttyl

thanks

art3 intx

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried searching the MD list on the Pots Place site?

I was originally seen by a cardiologist, initially diagnosed by an electrophysiologist, then had the diagnosis confirmed and started a helpful treatment regimen out at the Mayo Clinic.

Hope you can find someone to help soon!

Angela

hi art -

aside from looking at DINET's physician's listing (as angela suggested), if you let us know what part of the country you're in people may be more likely to chime in with some suggestions/ thoughts for you. i know you said you're able/ willing to travel, but it usually still makes sense to pay some attention to where you're coming from.

:) melissa

hi

Im in houston tx. sufering from severe lightheadedness, sweating, neuropathy etc.. ive had tilt table showing mild pots-but things are far worse. im sosick of this with no real help-

art3

hi art -

aside from looking at DINET's physician's listing (as angela suggested), if you let us know what part of the country you're in people may be more likely to chime in with some suggestions/ thoughts for you. i know you said you're able/ willing to travel, but it usually still makes sense to pay some attention to where you're coming from.

B) melissa

Hi!

Have you tried these?

Texas

Dr. Benjamin D. Levine, Professor of Medicine

Institute for Exercise and Environmental Medicine

Presbyterian Hospital at Dallas

7232 Greenville Ave.

Dallas, Texas 75231

214-345-4626

Will treat children 15 years and older

Dr. Levine is currently examining the mechanisms behind the remarkable gender specificity of POTS. Interested, newly diagnosed patients who live in the area can contact his office for further information.

Dr. Gil I. Wolfe

Department of Neurology

UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas

5323 Harry Hines Blvd.

Dallas, Texas 75235

214-648-9574

PAF, Autonomic Peripheral Neuropathies

Autonomic Laboratory

Treats adults

Dr. Amer Suleman

4510 Medical Center Drive Suite 300

Mckinney, Texas 75069

214-504-9942

POTS, NCS

Autonomic Laboratory

Treats adults

Dr. Suleman is an electrophysiologist with a special interest in dysautonomias.

Or many people see Dr. Grubb in Toledo, OH, drs. at The Mayo Clinic in Minnesota, or Vanderbilt in Nashville.

Also, if things were fine with the Klonopin for two years, it would be more likely that something else is causing the change. Have you talked with your primary care doctor or any of your local doctors about the most recent change? I think it would be important that at least a physician was asked in regards to your new symptoms. You could also ask your pharmacist, just to make sure nothing has changed with the medication itself. Sometimes if they change generic brands people can have different reactions due to how it is formulated to be absorbed within your body. Not likely the case but a possibility.

Hope you find some help!