Feeling Discouraged

Well I had the surgery almost two weeks ago and have felt no relief of my symptoms. I ended up being in the hospital for 5 days due to the extreme amount of pain that the surgery caused while my kidney was dying off. they were able to save 3/4 of the kidney. I'm just discouraged bc they were pretty sure the aneurysm was what was causing the symptoms. I'm still light headed and my heart races when I get up. I just don't know how much longer I can go on like this. It's put a hault on our lives. April 7th will be the one year ann. of me quitting my job. I can't believe it's been a year already. I just don't know where to turn from here. We're looking at possibly going to see Dr. Grubb's PA but i'm just not sure if that's the right thing to do. It would be such a long trip.. anyway..just thought I would let everyone know that I am home and still recovering...

ks girl

I'm so sorry things are so hard for you right now. Even though I have not been through a major surgery like that, I can empathize with your feelings wondering about how much longer you can go on like this. I have thought that so many times, and have only been sick for 6-7 months. For some odd reason, I have felt completely normal for a little bit now - I have no idea why, but hope it gives you some hope. I pray you will find improvement very soon. I did see Dr Grubb's PA, but personally did not think her assessment of me was accurate at all. (I am not so sure about the POTS Dx at this point though anyway.)I am sure Dr Grubb would have been great though. If you do make this trip to see Bev, maybe go on a day Dr Grubb is there (I think Tues and Thurs). Then there is a chance he might have some time to stop in and see you. Please feel free to PM me if you just need someone to listen!!

Maggie

Hey KS Girl-

Good to hear from you, wish the news was better. I'm glad you survived the surgery! It sounds awfully painful. I was a little suspicious of your docs suspicions that the kidney issue was causing the POTS, etc. But, I was hopeful.... Things like this (surgeries) generally make most of us worse for a short time and then we heventually settle down to our previous level of functioning. Getting into Dr. Grubb's PA would be a great thing if you can swing it. In the meantime, please know that you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Julie

Don't judge anything on how you feel right now. Surgery is trauma and that along with the anesthesia will really take its toll. Concentrate on healing. I lie and bed at night and say "I am healing, my cells are regenerating" and then I pray a lot! Brighter days are on their way!