Feeling Better!

Hello!

I haven't posted in a while (but I have been lurking), but I wanted to give an update. It seems like 5 months ago I was in despair, and now things have changed!

If you read my other posts, I posted that I went to Cleveland Clinic to see an EP cardio there, as my EP here said he couldn't do anything else for me. Basically, the current thinking on me is that I have IST on top of the POTS. So I was prescribed Toprol XL for the IST. I was very nervous about this, because Atenolol made me worse, and Cardizem made me worse... But Toprol seems to be doing the job - mostly anyway. :huh:

I had another holter done, and my HR has gone down 32 BPM!!!!

I still cannot climb stairs, and I am still very limited in physical activity, which is very frustrating to me because I am finally feeling almost "normal" whatever that is... So as long as I'm sitting. I went to the YMCA for the first time in over a year. I tried to walk on the treadmill. I could only do 1/4 mile, and it took 20 mins... But I DID do it. That is a 1/4 mile longer than I have walked in a long long time. :)

A lot of prayer has gone into this situation with me. I am very thankful to get the reprieve I have received. As awful as this experience has been, I honestly have to say I have learned from it. The book, "Where Is God When It Hurts" has been invaluable to me. Thank you to JaneEyre for sending it to me!

I just wanted to share. I hope that this message gives some hope to others who are in despair.

Angela

Glad to hear you are doing better for whatever reasons.

That's good your HR is lowered...

Does it stay consistent if you are lying down or stand up? If it still bumps up a bit, that's why the stairs are still a trigger....just take it easy.

But it appears maybe your cause of ANS problems are from the meningitis you had some time back and things are finally evening out for you. So that is GREAT to hear!

Aren't you glad you did not run out to get Chiari surgery!!

:huh: