I Am Admitted For Rehab!!!!!!!!!

corina

hello dear friends!!!!

as you can see, i am totally over the moon, as finally finally there is a rehab center that wants to take me as an outdoor patient!!!!!!! it took me quite some time and A LOT of energy to get them to the point where they said, okay we will take the challenge and now i will be an outdoor patient, which was just what i want at this moment in life. as some of you might know, i've been denied earlier (in a center where i would stay in for at least a year, only the weekends at home) because they didn't know anything about pots/dysautonomia and didn't know what to do with me (oh: the protocols :lol: ).

this new center is close to my house and i will be driving by taxi (about 15/20minutes) for 3 times a week!!!!!!!

boy i am soooooo happy, as this is my last hope to become a little better. i know it won't cure the pots (although it would be very very nice :):lol: ) but i hope to achieve better physical condition (my joints are getting worse and worse), i hope my walking will improve so that i can go out for small walks (5 minutes would be sooooo nice!!!!!) and that i will be able to get some strength.

i do realize this is a big challenge, as well for me, as for my family (hubby and the boys) especially because i will be coming home totally whiped out (i suspect) 3 times a week which means for them to do the cooking (hubby does the cooking and now the boys (13 and 17) will take over) and the laundry. but they assured me that they can do that and will do that, they just want me to at least have the oportunity to try and get some better. i love them so much, i'm sure you'll all understand.

i am admitted for a period of 6 weeks and allowed to stay longer when there is improvement. today i've ordered 4 or 5 bathingsuits to see which one i like most :lol::lol::lol: after all, i am a woman :lol::lol::lol:

love, to all of you

corina :)

Congratulations Corina - that is fantastic news! If you put half as much effort into doing the rehab, as you have into finding a centre to take you - then you are certain to reach your potential. I know how much a glimmer of improvement would mean to you - good luck!!!!

Flop

thanks guys for your support!!!

i wish you could help me choose a bathing suit, but i am not sure whether i should put some pictures here for you to help me :):lol::lol:

i thought i would need some extra dinet t-shirts too, so i'll have to order new ones (will need to get some extra cash as well i'm afraid :huh::lol: )

i haven't been able to exercise at all for about 3 or 4 years now, so i am sure it will be quite a challenge, but i am looking very much forward to it. oh and can you imagine how great it felt to bike (cardio test) after well i think 7 or 8 years!!!! well just the first 4 or 5 minutes and i'm not sure i even came to that amount :lol::lol: the doctor wasn't very happy about it but i told him that it could only go up (well, that is what i hope of course!!!) and i smiled and i am sure he didn't understand at all!!!

love,

corina :)