Florinef

jenwic

I think I read somewhere that Florinef can cause you to have low blood sugar. I've never had trouble with my blood sugar. I've been on Florinef for about a year and a half. I've noticed that a few hours after breakfast I start to feel shaky, nauseous, and my heart rate goes up and my heart pounds. If I eat something or especially if I drink a small amount of juice, I feel better quickly.

I'm hypoglycemic anyways, so from the beginning my doctor has had me eat a small meal (or at least a snack) right after taking it, which always seems to stem the effects. The only time I really notice it is when I'm too ill to eat. I'm glad you figured it out on your own -- those little preventive measures can truly make the difference with Dysaut!

I didn't know you were supposed to take it with food. I can't do that anyway. I am hypersensitive to Florinef so if I take it even 10 minutes late I start to feel bad. If I don't take Florinef on an empty stomach and it doesn't get into my system at the exact same time each day I have a horrible reaction with my heart racing and pounding and my blood pressure goes up.

I found this out after I ate a big meal late one night then took the pill. I felt bad for nearly 24 hours. If I take it on an empty stomach at the same time every day, I'm fine- except for the blood sugar thing. High blood sugar? I figured it was low.