Heart Beating So Fast It Vibrates?????

Tammy

Does anyone else have this sensation and if so, any idea what it is? Right before I get a profound weakness spell (literally too weak to walk), but is different than when I feel lightheaded/faint like... I apparently have a very fast heart beat which seems different then the typical tachycardia/fast heart rate I also have. I have never caught what happens before these weakness spells, but recently I was checking my pulse right as I felt this weird pressure in my face and my heart actually went so fast it basically vibrated, so couldn't count the beats as it was too fast. Then it paused and went back into a slower pace and my pulse became extremely faint... and of course, than the profound weakness hit and it took about an hour to be able to get back up and walk a little. These are now happening more frequently which may be why I actually caught what was going on. Is this just POTS related or a seperate thing? Thanks for any ideas :)

-Tammy

I get that as well. I feel like everything is getting sucked inside my sinus cavity then go into a tachycardia (the vibrations may be the sensation of your heart contracting harder from the adrenaline) I was on a 30 day event monitor when it happened to me (after going to the bathroom) and my rate went up to 171 and It was a sinus ryth. You may want to ask your doctor for an event recorder because the other thing it sounds like could be atrial fibrillation (and that can also make you feel like crap). But the progression is just as you said. I actually kind of know when its coming on from the weak feeling, the head thing and then I know the tachy is coming. I was told to lay down, put my feet up and try to ride it out. When I'm alone I have called 911 when my HR is real fast just to be sure but so far it goes away. Its as uncomfortable feeling as I wish to ever have but what can we do.

I have been able to check my BP has been above normal (115/75 being normal)(again because of the adrenaline) so if I put it together correctly It's basically our fight or flight response being signaled for some reason.

The reason someone would feel weak after an episode like this is from the large adrenaline dump. I can remember the first time I was in a fight (it was in high school and I don't condone it) I felt like crap for hours afterwards and I was unscathed. It was because of the adrenaline. The one doctor I had in the ER after the 171 episode asked me how I was feeling and I said like crap. He said, Well that huge adrenaline dump can do that to you here's some potassium and you can go.

(Potassium shifts out of the blood and into the cells to be readily available for fight or flight (or when adrenaline is pumping) if I can remember Anatomy and Physiology correctly If not someone please correct me on this) so I think thats why I have had 3.4 or 3.3 blood level readings after this happened on two occasions.(normal is 3.5 to 5.1 or 5.2)

My neuro said that some of our brains seem to be stuck in the should I faint or not state and thats why sometimes we can get low hr and bps or the reverse. Since our electrical systems our basically miswired our sympathetic nervous system just gets a signal to go haywire for no reason.

Well this is what I have experienced so its one more idea. I really hope you can deal with this rather annoying symptom better because it's the one I struggle with the most.

i expereince this and i must say it freaks me out! ive gottne no explaination for this happening... when i expereince it.. it "feels" like my HR wants to speed up but can not.. and my Hr is super slow.. and i feel like you described extremely weak.. and i feel fuzzy and some what disconnected from myself..if that makes sense.. i feel like im going to faint but dont... I sometimes get chest pain with it...... but not always...

It will eventual do what feel like my heart is being turned inside out.. and and ill havfe some very painful Hr beats.. and then it will return to my normal rhythm...

hope ya get some answers