Face Pain

lil_kt

Hi i was wondering if anyone could help me?

Over the last couple of weeks i've been geting these pains in my face, it's like a shooting/stabbing pain & its in my cheeks & round my nose & eyes & up into my forehead. it usually lasts about 15- 30 minutes but can come & go throughout the day. Does anybody else get this? & if you have any help on how to ease it i'd be really grateful. Thanks

copy and pasted for you to look over

Trigeminal neuralgia is an extremely painful inflammation of the largest nerve in the skull (trigeminal nerve).

Alternative Names

Tic douloureux

Causes, incidence, and risk factors

Trigeminal neuralgia causes severe lightening-like facial pain on the side of the affected nerve. The condition usually affects older adults. Often, no cause can be found, although areas of brain inflammation or abnormal blood vessels (arteriovenous malformations) can be responsible.

Painful trigeminal neuralgia attacks may occur after lightly touching different skin areas of the face, along the course of the sixth cranial (skull) nerve.

Symptoms

* Very painful, sharp electric-like spasms last a few seconds to minutes

* Pain is triggered by touch or sounds

* Pain during chewing, eating, drinking, shaving, or brushing teeth

i get what i call - recurrent sinusitis. of course it really isn't cuz it goes away without any help from me. but it sure does freak me out. and it happens often and can last like u said a few min or a day or so. but goes as quick as it comes.

i may be way off here, but thats my experience with facial pain.