Epogen

Rachel

Have any of you had side effects of extreme fatigue and muscle weakness from Epogen/Procrit?

I was recently trying this new med, but stopped the trial after only 3 injections. After each shot I was becoming increasingly more tired, fatigued, and weak. It only lasted a little over a day after the first two shots, but after the third shot it lasted for about 5 days. I'm hoping that it was just the med that was causing the extra fatigue, and not that this is my new norm.

I emailed my doctors office, and they said to discontinue the med for now, and they'll do some more research before we decide if/when to start it up again. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had such an increase in fatigue and muscle weakness on this med. If so, does the side effect ever wear off?

Rachel

I've been off of the Epogen for 2 weeks now and I'm definitely not as tired anymore. Still very, very tired, but that is my norm. I had the flu last week and actually felt better with the flu then I had with the Epogen!

So I guess I can check another med off my "been there, done that, it didn't work" list.

Rachel

Rachel,

I'm really sorry to hear that this medicine caused you such bad side effects and that it's not going to be an option for you. I am glad that this isn't your "new norm" and that you seem to be doing a bit better off of it.

Thanks for keeping us posted. :)

Lisa