An Update

jdqm

<_< it has been a while since i posted so here is an update on me.

The car accident was 2 years ago last week, and i am in my 3rd try at physical therapy. i have regained some upper body strength, and i am so glad. i wish i could exercise my lower body better, but standing still for longer than 30 seconds when i am non symptomatic makes me nauseous and my blood pools. i am sure it is because the 6th vertebra has a bulge in the disk(from being hit by a car), but i cannot get a Dr. to put it in writing. all of them say that is making me worse, yet none are willing to go on record or a paper trail saying so.

My Quantum power wheelchair was delivered on Monday. I am happy and sad. I am so happy that i will now be able to participate more in activities, and yet sad i have gotten this bad. I am ok for a few minutes, and then i am back in bed. i cannot participate in PT and also go to the grocery store the same day for example. i still have several Grey outs a day even on the meds, but i have not lost consciousness since October of 07. anytime after 3 pm though and i am a mess. i was just approved for 27 hours of a personal attendant each week to help me with hygiene, like washing my hair, to drive me around, and for household help (cooking and laundry).

I am so sorry to vent to you, but i know you listen so well, and don't judge like most do, or say the "but you look better"

Hiya. I can understand why you'd have mixed feelings about it--but I do hope that it gives you more freedom and independence in your life. Also, it's nice that you feel safe to vent here--I do it too from time to time!

Nina