Pots And Pregnancy

dsingerman

Hi. I am a POTS patient, 32 years old. My pots symptoms have never been that severe, I can still function on a daily basis. My husband and I want to start a family and I am weaning off a lose dose cymbalta (having bad withdrawal effects that no one told me about). I am curious to know other experiences with trying to get pregnant - did you stay on your meds? If so, what meds? Any issues with the babies once they were borned? Did you come off your meds completely? If so how did you feel?

I was on meds when I became pregnant, but once I found out I was pregnant I stopped them and only took a prenatal vitamin. Meds have never helped me much, if at all, so coming off the meds wasn't a big deal for me. In addition to the prenatal vitamin, I also did salt, fluids, Gatorade, and compression, all of which helped. I felt better when I was pregnant, especially once my blood volume increased.

There have been topics on this in the past, so you might want to try a search and see what other information you can glean.

I wish you all the best.

Rachel

I was only on very low doses of Toprol XL and clonazepam, so I weaned off. I felt much better while pregnant and wish I could be in that hormonal state at all times! I had more energy, slept better, felt stronger, finally gained some weight and my heart rate was much lower. Within a couple months of delivery, I again felt like garbage and am getting increasingly worse again.

Feel free to PM me if you want more info.

Amy