Cooling Vest Questions

W&R_Mom

I have heat intolerance (among other things). I can be fine one second, the surrounding temp rise slightly and I start sweating. My head, neck, back, legs, torso. Soaked. Shopping for gifts, store felt soooo hot, just walking around makes me feel like I'm running a marathon. I really identified with post about the hot temps in stores, church, etc.

Do the cooling vests work? I will purchase one if they work. Which type to buy?

What do I do? Take it with me when I go out of my house? Put on in the store when I start to get hot? Wear it over your clothes or under? Do people stare? {I already gets lots of stares with my cane and/or riding in my scooter at the store...but who cares anymore...I'm melting, my back is killing me, and I'm just happy to be out and about!}

Oh yeah, after a little shopping, not having my scooter with me and having to walk with my cane, I was soaked, literally. I get in the car and the entire interior fogs up due to me producing humidity! It is a terrible feeling though to be soaking wet and then go into the cold outside air. When I finally cool down, my bra is soaked, my underwear, socks, and then I start to shake from cooling down. Miserable. BUT, still happy to get out of the house, shop for my 6 neices and nephews and to be with my hubby and kids.

W & R Mom,

I got an arctic heat vest last spring and it made a big difference over the summer. There are lots of different kinds, different technology, and people have their own preferences. I like this one because it is lighter weight and looks like a normal vest. It can also be warmed in the microwave for winter. I used to put it on as soon as I went out the door (in summer) and then when the car cooled down I'd pop it into a small cooler with freezer blocks, then use it again when I got out of the car.

The minus with this style is that is doesn't stay cold quite as long as some of the others. The pluses are that it is light-weight, good looking, can be heated, and they give a medical discount. They are made in Australia and I actually ordered mine from there because even with shipping the exchange rate made it cheaper than buying it in the US. Good luck.