Remote Car Starters

ajw4790

Hi again!

I had a completly different question. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with remote car starters? I am really sensitive to the cold and was trying to find a way to make COLD winter mornings more bearable. So, that way I could start the car from inside and let it warm up for a while, and spend less time scraping etc...

So, was curious if it would be worth it? Any suggestions on what and where to go? I really don't have much of a clue... I am thinking of it possibly being a Christmas gift! (fun! huh?!)

Thanks for any help!

Hi,

I have a remote car starter for about 4 years now and I find year extremelly useful. I put the heater on full blast and start it 15 minutes before getting in. This way I don't freeze or paralyze when I get in.

I do the same thing in the summer except in the AC that I start. Irreplaceble gizmo!

I've been thinking about getting one of these, too! If my workplace ever lets me come back, I would never be able to scrape ice off my car. But if the defroster was on for a few minutes before getting in... that might do the trick!

Does anyone know approximately how much these run for parts and installation?

Thanks!

We have them in two of our cars, actually one is going in to get checked tomorrow as it isn't working. I would never be without them again. I am not able to drive right now, but still very helpful for the reasons mentioned- can warm up or cool down car ahead of time.

I have one and my daughter has one. The price usually depends on the make of the car- mine was not bad, under $200 but hers was around $300 due to the wiring for her car. That seems expensive, but we love them. Great lifetime warranty and I didn't know this but we could have taken it out of our car we sold and put it in a new one and they would have covered it!

We purchased one at Best Buy and one at Circuit City-- service and warranty was fantastic at both. They have not charged us at all when bringing them back for service problems. Check around as there are great deals at the holidays-- they were Christmas presents for us and we were very happy!!! Something we could really use for yrs.

Thanks for ya'lls help! I am glad that I am not the only one who thinks this would be useful. I suggested it to my parents (they actually own the car) and they kinda seemed to think I was being frivolous etc. I was just thinking if it could make everything so much better, it would be worth the money. i would pay for it... So, I think I will pursue it for this winter. It will be a couple weeks though.

Thanks!!!

I've never actually used a remote car starter, but my husband gets the van started ahead of time for me. He'll blast the a/c in the summer, and blast the heat for me in the winter. It is a great help to have the right temperature in the van before I go out. A remote car starter would be very nice! I don't drive myself anymore, so it isn't essential for me. However, if I were able to drive I wouldn't call a remote car starter a luxury, I would call it a necessity.

Rachel

Oh how I miss the remote car starter in our previous cars. They were the best. I wasn't sick at the time, but it was so nice to have a warm car to get into. We had them in our old buick park avenue and the F-350 truck. However, now we have a mini van and it didn't come with it as part of the package when we bought it and it doesn't have heated seats either like the other two vehicles did, so we ended up getting the heated car seat cushion and also a heated av blanket, so as soon as we get in the van when it's cold out, I plug in both the seat cushion and the heated blanket and it does heat up fairly quickly, so for those of you who can't afford the remote car starter, for about 19.00 you can get a heated seat cushion and a blanket for about 25.00 (us). Hopefully we can all stay warm somehow this winter when we are out and about :)

- Tammy