Barometric Pressure And Vital Signs...

stellakitty

Hey...

I am working on graduating from high school (only 3 credits to go) and one of my "things" to get credit is I'm supposed to do a "science project"... I decided that since typically people with Dysautonomia feel even crummier when pressure fronts move in I am going to do vitals (blood pressure, heart rate, temperature) in relation to the barometric pressure.

Here's where I need your help. I only have one "subject" (me) and that doesn't lead to very good results. So If I could please have FOUR more Dysutonomia patients "sign up" I'd really appreciate it. If you participate I will make you a medic alert bracelet for your time.

If you are willing please post below and I will PM you with my email address. All you would have to do is give me your "zip code" (so I can look up your weather), and take your vitals and possibly record your sx. I'll also need to know your diagnosises, and your age, activity level. You don't have to have POTS... Just Autonomic Dysfunction.

Thank you!

Alexa

I am not on the computer enough to be tracked; however, FYI I get much worse both orthostatically and with pain (hypermobility EDS) with drops in the barometer. That includes if the barometer is high and drops to normal. I'm curious as to what your statistics will show. Fluid (in joint spaces as well as your blood volume) reacts to barometric changes which is why weather does affect us autonomically and with arthritis, pain.

LIT

I've never put how the weather is in relation to how I'm feeling. Is there a correlation? I'm willing to be a part of your "science project" if I fall into your research criteria. I'm in MN. My ANS is messed up but I don't have official diagnosis for this. They always tell me my orthostatics are causing problems - the last time I was in the ER we had a huge snow storm but I never put the fact that it was snowing into the equation. This could be interesting B)

- Tammy

Tammy and Jhjd...

Thanks... I will send you guys a PM with my email addy. I have to get my research together (which is hard since I don't leave the house...) and I'm not finding alot... The correalation I'm finding tends to be "poo-pooed". I am thinking I would like to start gathering data in mid November. And will probably do this 2, maybe 3 times a day (if that's not too much... I know some people have jobs). I still have some thinking to do...

LIT...

Thanks for the info... I decided on this project becuase all I know is I end up eating more pain meds on these days... I'm not sure of my bp because I kinda gave up on trying to take it (I rarely get a reading), but for school credit (and to put highschool behind me) I'll squeeze the heck out of my arm...

That sounds like an interesting study!

If you end up still needing someone, I may be able to do it.

I just am not sure how reliable I would be at being able to take BP etc. at set times etc. with classes etc.

But, if by the time you start you need someone else, I can try and see if I can help out. I am in Ohio, so it would be a different location.

Hope it goes well!!! :angry: You will have to tell us the results! :)

I might be able to help out, depending on how long we need to do it for. I assume you would want the participant to get the barametric pressure readings as well. since it can vary from place ot place. We are in CT. Too bad you did not do it during the summer, when the T-storms pass through. The rapid change in air pressure definitely has a noticable effect!

One suggestion to you if you have trouble getting your BP is to use a wrist cuff. I have an Omeron that helps me to know when it is placed correctly. It works well when we compare it to the manual one.

Stella

I have disabling POTS and am most always home unless I venture out for short errands.

If you still need somebody, I would be willing to help. I even have a humidity, tempererature (inside) and barometric thingie in my room across from my bed. I never think to write down the numbers for the barometric pressures...but I feel rotten so often, I am not sure if there is a correlation or not...but I know there have been links in the past.

Let me know if you need somebody else.

;)