Question for the Ladies

I've noticed the entire time I've been sick my period brings on severe symptoms. At first I actually thought it was a hormone problem..but that checked out okay. I was taken off bc pills for about 8 mths. when they thought it was EBV but have since gone back on them. I'm usually at my worst during the end and following my cycle. This will sometimes last until my next period. I also get a reoccuring hive on my wrist..it started the same time I got sick. No one has addressed the hive issue and I'm wondering if it could somehow all be connected?

Has anyone tried the new bc pill..seasonel..if so..has it helped at all? Plan on asking my doc in a couple of weeks but wanted to check with ya'll too!

Thanks! B)

My symptoms also become worse during my period. I have begun to take 2 pill packs in a row so that I deal with this less.

"Seasonale" would seem to do this also but I don't know anyone on it.

I take Yasmin which works great for me -- some other brands made me really moody!

Hanging in here with you,

Lisa

I take Seasonale. I've been on it for over a month now, and I really think that it helps. I also get symptomatic around my period, and so my POTS doctor suggested that I think about birth control. With Seasonale, I am only going to get my period four times a year, which means I have to deal much less often with the symptoms I experience around my period. I would encourage you to talk to your doctor about it!

Best Wishes!

~Meghan B)

I was put on Alesse and after 2 days almost had a stroke. then I tried Prometrium (both to relieve symptoms of perimenopause) and ended up in the hospital. Two years ago I had 3 shots of Lupron to stop my periods. However, they came back with a vengeance 5 months later. SO I do'nt take anything. But around ovulation and before and at the end of my period I can barely stand up without getting extremely dizzy( even sitting up is hard).

My wife has horrible symptoms before, during and after her menstrual cycle. Her current cardiologist is the first one who didn't dismiss this as being unrelated. He stated that his nurse told him that it appeared to be a common complaint among people with her conditions. Unfortunately, my wife can't take bc pills due to other health issues. If we find out anything more on this, I will definitely post it. Even Mayo dismissed this. I have always been amazed at how quickly the doctors say, "Well, there is no way that can be related". It's amazing there are ever any medical break throughs with that type of thinking.

I DEFINITELY get worse around the time of my period. I think most of us have noticed this, and I have no doubt there is a strong connection...I just wish they would find it :)

I used to take the pill, but I couldn't tolerate it any longer after years of problems with yeast infections, the only way I got rid of them was to stop taking birth control...so I'm not really eager to try them again, I've been using a diaphragm for a while now and I love that because it's non-invasive and no hormones. BUT it doesn't solve the problem of feeling yucky at that time of the month- my doc just has me upping my meds during that week, and drinking more, resting more, etc...

I'm totally worse on my periods too. Before I went on birth control I would get so weak that I couldn't even move. I would end up at the doc's office once a month getting fluids becasue I was so weak and blood volume was so low. They would carry me in and I'd be able to walk out afterwards, but only to the truck. Mom would get me a salty fries on the way back home and that would help too.

Doc. A put me on Orthocept. I had taken BC before and it made me really sick. But this seems to work as long as I take it with my other meds. He wanted Orthocept specifically because of some of the active and inactive ingredients in it and how they react with the other meds I'm on. This and the fluids are the only things that seem to help. I still get really tired and weak around that time and end up mostly sitting/laying on the sofa and sleeping for about a week or so.

I've always had really heavy periods. They last 7 to 10 days and I have to use heavy pads the whole time and I have to use havey tampons the whole time and end up changing the tampons every hour or so, because they're soo full they start leaking after an hour. My OB/GYN hasn't ever mentioned endomitreosis(or however you spelll it) or anything like that. My mom gets heavy periods too. But since I've been on the Orthocept and other meds it's down to a 5-6 days and only heavy for 2-3 days and medium the rest. And the heavy time isn't nearly as heavy as it used to be either. So as long as I can I'm going to stick with this.